Install Arc
Options

Federation Adapted Dauntless

boogieman624boogieman624 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Federation Discussion
on the wiki it says this...
2nd Expansion (late 2014)

2nd expansion announced [45]
Tim Russ will return again as Tuvok to further progress the Dyson/Voth/Delta Quadrant storyline after Seasons 8.5 and 9. [1][4]
Another Voyager-related voice talent in addition to Tim Russ, possibly Garrett Wang as Harry Kim [4]
Addition of Delta Quadrant [46][9][13][4]
Delta Quadrant likely to happen before Gamma Quadrant [18]
Delta Quadrant locations and races (such as Kazon, Malon, Vidiians, Talaxians, Krenim, the Devore, the Hierachy, and additional Borg) have slight chance of appearing in Season 8, but more likely to be Season 9 or later [15]
Polish of Voyager/Intrepid class with ship interior bundles (possibly also containing Admiral Janeway's SC-4 shuttle with ablative armor and cloaking device [28]) might be connected to that [47][34][8][40][43][16][28][48][1]
Federation-adapted Dauntless class [1]
"Hugh-like" liberated Borg as additional playable faction could theoretically be associated with Delta Quadrant [49]
Talaxians[33], Ocampa (FED) and Kazon (KDF) as new playable races [9][30]
Voth possibly connected to some content taking place on Gorn homeworld [39]
Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Thoughts?

Yeah, that blue is so hideous I had to mark the entire post to actually read the word "Dauntless".:mad:
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2014
    the ship is too ulgy
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    the ship is too ulgy

ok what if it had a "Perfect" Quantum Slipstream Drive...And was a Multi Faction ship?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Yeah, that blue is so hideous I had to mark the entire post to actually read the word "Dauntless".:mad:
    Is that Better?
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    First, Captain Geko in the recent Priority One Podcast interview said that any interior pack takes 6 to 8 weeks... they better be cracking at that Voyager interior pack then.

Second, the Dauntless isn't ugly. I don't know how it would be categorized as however(sci ship built for speed or some other new thing).

I think if they launch it, it will be a 3 pack like the Vesta Class... though I wouldn't be surprised if they launch it like the Avenger either.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    They did just give a flanking bonus to Raiders. Maybe it is a Raider?
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They did just give a flanking bonus to Raiders. Maybe it is a Raider?

1. They did? I'd surely love to know when they gave raiders flanking, I've been itching to try it out in my B'rel.

2. Why do you say that about the Dauntless? Doesn't feel like it'd be a raider ship to me. I'd imagine it was a sci ship for sure.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    kamakaze101kamakaze101 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is the PERFECT ship for the 100% Uni boff seating we all want. It has the wacky synthesis changing thing to change the looks, so it makes sense to me
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A lot of it sounds fake to me, first off haven't seen any of that in season 8 and no mention of any of those races so far as of yet. Admiral Janeway's shuttle with ablative armor (okay) and cloak...when did it have a cloaking device?

Hugh like Liberated Borg faction? (I think they would do Cardassian next as they came in second behind Romulans.) Kazon on the KDF...the Klingons would want nothing to do with those backwater technology thieves that weren't even deemed worthy of assimilation by the Borg. Then the Voth having something to do with the Gorn Homeworld...

The game might very well see the Dauntless class one day (Though I kinda hope not :P) but so much of this sounds fake...like someone made it up...like it's some dream list of a player.
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The wiki... says a lot of things.;)
  • Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks more like a list of things mentioned that may be coming. Doesn't mean they actually will be.
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do want to see it, and I think it should be a Sci/Engineer hybrid ship. Maneuverable, but not a damage powerhouse. In short, something of a natural zombie that takes punishment like a tank and annoys with the debuffs, but isn't a heavy hitter by itself. Bonuses to Auxiliary and Engines.
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    I do want to see it, and I think it should be a Sci/Engineer hybrid ship. Maneuverable, but not a damage powerhouse. In short, something of a natural zombie that takes punishment like a tank and annoys with the debuffs, but isn't a heavy hitter by itself. Bonuses to Auxiliary and Engines.

So... a Voyager-era Nebula-class ship.

I could see it.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A few larger ship designs would be nice but it's a Wiki, it could be changed at any time so take it with a grain of salt.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    whitewinged7whitewinged7 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is the PERFECT ship for the 100% Uni boff seating we all want. It has the wacky synthesis changing thing to change the looks, so it makes sense to me

What?

It doesn't have a wacky synthesizing thing. The dauntless wasn't a real ship.

I mean I guess im not opposed to it having hologram tech but, technically it wasnt a real ship it was a hologram of a fake ship designed to lure the voyager crew into a trap.
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited February 2014
    possibly Garrett Wang as Harry Kim [4]

Thoughts?

Yeah, one thought....Harry is probably still an ensign. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    What?

It doesn't have a wacky synthesizing thing. The dauntless wasn't a real ship.

I mean I guess im not opposed to it having hologram tech but, technically it wasnt a real ship it was a hologram of a fake ship designed to lure the voyager crew into a trap.

Definitely not in favor of the ship but wasn't only the interior a hologram? If the exterior was too they didn't really show it I don't think.
  • Options
    arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The interior of the Dauntless was faked using particle synthesis, not holograms. Get your technobabble right folks. :P

The exterior of the Dauntless was NOT faked. The name of the ship and the Starfleet markings were applied to the hull and never changed at any point in the episode. Obviously the alien interior required more than just a paint job to come off as convincing.

I agree with the supposition that the Dauntless would be a science vessel built for speed. Think of the Risian Corvette but with a 3/3 weapons layout and science-oriented stats.

If they made the Dauntless an all-faction lockbox ship, then I'd be happy. If it's a C-Store ship, then I'll still be happy. :)
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, one thought....Harry is probably still an ensign. :rolleyes:

uh no.... he's an admiral in STO, in charge of one of the starbases you run into in the Romulan front, you collect some medical supplies from it.
  • Options
    mrgoose2umrgoose2u Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lianthelia wrote: »
    A lot of it sounds fake to me, first off haven't seen any of that in season 8 and no mention of any of those races so far as of yet. Admiral Janeway's shuttle with ablative armor (okay) and cloak...when did it have a cloaking device?

More Tuvok and the Dauntless class were mentioned on one of the recent podcast interviews, most of the things on that list from the wiki were mentioned at some point in an interview or forum post, and have a citation to the source, so it's not so much fake, just more "This is what we're looking to do/want to do, but plans are subject to change at any time."
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    uh no.... he's an admiral in STO, in charge of one of the starbases you run into in the Romulan front, you collect some medical supplies from it.

Is it confirmed? The Wiki says it may or may not be him...and from the picture of the wiki it looks nothing like him...not the least bit asian and it even looks like he has brown hair.
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just had a nerdgasm when I read Dauntless.
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In the 1st year when STO launched, I recalled seeing an Admiral Harry Kim inside Naomi Wildman's office on K7... which has since been removed.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd take that list with a grain of salt, honestly. I used to monitor it back in my beginner days before I wanted to use the forums, and from the things that have been and some that still are on it, it's more like an optimistic, personal wishlist for some wiki contributor, and less a solid plan of what to expect.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    tenkari wrote: »

Shouldn't he be the captain of the USS Rhode Island? I would very much like to see that ship featured in a few episodes, both new and re-mastered, along with Mr. Garrett Wang's voice over of the character.

Just and odd question though: Is Harry Kim Korean? That would make for some interesting storytelling. Particularly if it is written that he is a member of the Gimhae Kim family. Making him a descendant of Kim Yushin and Kim Soro could make for some interesting trivia, and might entice more Koreans to switch from StarCraft to STO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Yushin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suro_of_Geumgwan_Gaya
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Shouldn't he be the captain of the USS Rhode Island? I would very much like to see that ship featured in a few episodes, both new and re-mastered, along with Mr. Garrett Wang's voice over of the character.

Just and odd question though: Is Harry Kim Korean? That would make for some interesting storytelling. Particularly if it is written that he is a member of the Gimhae Kim family. Making him a descendant of Kim Yushin and Kim Soro could make for some interesting trivia, and might entice more Koreans to switch from StarCraft to STO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Yushin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suro_of_Geumgwan_Gaya

the last thing we need is super gosu starcraft players HERE......
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Just and odd question though: Is Harry Kim Korean?

No he's American.
    Similar to how Bashir is English not Sudanese
    Kinda the opposite of Uhura who is 'African' not an American.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    No he's American.
    Similar to how Bashir is English not Sudanese
    Kinda the opposite of Uhura who is 'African' not an American.

I'm talking ethnicity and heritage, not nationality. By the 23rd and 24th century, humanity is suppose to have transcended nationality and nationalist ideology, in stark contrast to what is going on today.

Again, I was looking for storytelling and role playing ideas as well as to broaden the game's appeal (and sales) to a broader audience.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    I'm talking ethnicity and heritage, not nationality. By the 23rd and 24th century, humanity is suppose to have transcended nationality and nationalist ideology, in stark contrast to what is going on today.

Again, I was looking for storytelling and role playing ideas as well as to broaden the game's appeal (and sales) to a broader audience.

I sort of understood. However Hoshi was mentioned to be Japanese and Sulu was as well, but as far as I can remember Kim wasn't specified as anything other than American.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jellico1 wrote: »
    the ship is too ulgy

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that never stopped them before...hell whenever i wanna throw up i just look at the hirogen ships
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg