test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Solonae visuals broken?

luvsto1701luvsto1701 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Why are there no visual changes with any of the solonae pieces?

Devs this is broken, please fix.

Actually I'm guessing it's broken. Otherwise it's the first set that does nothing visually out of all the sets.

Then again, if you guys have been making this event for months now...why is it broken? Surely you knew this ahead of time?
Post edited by luvsto1701 on

Comments

• undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's not supposed to have any visuals, sadly.
  • qweeble#7491 qweeble Member Posts: 164 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    There are no visuals that are part of the set. Nor is it the only set without visuals.
    I make space ships!
    Twitter! STO_JamJamz
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2014
    That doesn't seems true. I notice a rather hard to overlook blue engine glow and trails when the proc of the engine hits.
  • undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That doesn't seems true. I notice a rather hard to overlook blue engine glow and trails when the proc of the engine hits.
    But that's a proc, not part of the engine's actual visuals. The proc effect looks amazing and I would LOVE to have it on permanently, but c'est la vie.
  • starsword1989starsword1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    But when the Engines Proc, it can potentially be the most beautiful Engine effect in the game
    illustrious_4_by_seohtongpin-d75h1sa.jpg
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Shiny blue..... oooooooo
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll say this ... as awesome as that looks, I'd rather it stay rare because of how awesome it looks.
  • thanatos9tthanatos9t Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are no visuals that are part of the set. Nor is it the only set without visuals.

In regards to "Nor is this the only set without visuals" what are the other set without visuals as far as I am aware this is the only named ship set (with shields) with no visuals? (excluding the proc effect on the engines)

"I walked away from the last great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of the universe and watched as time ran out, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No time, no space. Just me!"
    edited February 2014
    Breen deflector and any of the Advanced Fleet gear immediately come to mind.
    edited February 2014
    Breen deflector and any of the Advanced Fleet gear immediately come to mind.

The other two parts of the Been set has a visual appearance even though the deflector doesn't (The Reman Deflector doesn't have visuals either.)

And the fleet items are not a set as far as I am aware they doesn't have any set bonuses?

But for none of the Solonae set to have visuals, I'm questioning captjamjamz line about it not being unusual for sets to have no appearance.

"I walked away from the last great Time War. I marked the passing of the Time Lords. I saw the birth of the universe and watched as time ran out, moment by moment, until nothing remained. No time, no space. Just me!"
    edited February 2014
    That's fair to say the Fleet items are not "sets". Frankly, with as much work as it takes to get Fleet gear, I was surprised they didn't have a visual effect of some kind.
    edited February 2014
    No Problem :cool: the only sets I know of that has no appearance are the Console & Weapon sets.

But I think the Solonae set is the only level XII Shield, Deflector and Impulse (and warp core) set to have no Visual Style on any of the pieces.

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's because it's part of the ship. The Dyson Science Destroyers are like the Obelisk ship. That ship has the trails, even when it doesn't have a set to go with the ship.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well if it did have visuals it would probably be the same as the Dyson set, which personally isn't my favorite look to be honest, I kind of prefer darker themes.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I kind of like that it doesn't have visuals.
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2014
    I don't mind the lack of visuals. I get rather tired of the constant thrum of... whatever changes the look of my hull when I have a visual enabled. I think the only set that doesn't drive me out of my skull with the never ending "Wugga wugga wugga" is the Dyson set.