test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Req: Give us your best ways to take advantage of Bouns Dilithium weekend

galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
Ok, I'm relatively new to the game (just over 6 months), but I've been pretty happy with my progress...

But there is SO MUCH to know about this game. It's easy enough to 'not suck', but squeezing the most out is more challenging. So I'd like to ask for input.

What are the best things to focus on to take advantage of the Bonus Dilithium? I'd like to hear ideas.

Here are a few things I can think of off the top of my head; some have been mentioned in other threads, but I'd like to see them consolidated:

Complete Tier 5 Reputation projects (this is a big one, I think)
Voth Battlezone (this CAN get old, but there's a lot of Dil out there!)
Turn in Contraband
Exchange Neural Processors for dilithium
Run Elite Borg STFs - these can be VERY dilithium lucrative - Marks +processors+dil can get you nearly 5000 per stf (link here)!
Mine Rich Dilithium Claims
Run Dilithium Mine DOFF Assignments
Midterm Quiz at starfleet
Turn in prisoners for dilithium (esp. good for kdf)
Turn in colonists for dilithium
Foundry spotlights - [do we still have these?]

What have I missed?
Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
Post edited by galadiman on

Comments

• Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2014
    galadiman wrote: »
    Foundry spotlights - [do we still have these?]

What have I missed?

Yes there are tons of Foundry spotlights to choose from and they reward extra dilithium once per day I think.

Also:

Nimbus dailies available from the Ferengi in the bar.

and I was wondering if the Nukara missions reward dilithium? Anyone know?
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Complete all the STFs you possibly can, along with other Dilithium reward dailies.

Even if you go well over your daily limit for refining, you'll have enough dilithium in one day to last a week of refining. I've currently got well over 30k stocked up.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Spam your STFs and Dyson battlezone. Spam mark, processor, and implant turn-ins between each round.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I went from 9,000 to 79,000 by emptying my cybernetic implants and doing the mine and fleet mine daily.

Today I'm gonna bum-rush Borg stfs and empty my 3,000 Dyson marks.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In terms of not burning myself out doing too much, i've been running VIP Mining on my two toons that have it and then choosing the Dil reward from Party Patrol, doing Rep projects and turning over Marks and Implants.

My favorite method is to run CEE on all nine of my toons and then turn over the Nuk marks afterwards as an added bonus.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    and I was wondering if the Nukara missions reward dilithium? Anyone know?

There are some missions on Nukara that reward dilithium, but I really wouldn't recommend them on the best ways list. IIRC, it's kill 100 or 250 Tholians, and the mineral prospecting one that will make you long for the sweet release of unconsciousness.

For sheer efficiency, parking alts at the security officer and dumping contraband every 4 hours can't be beat. Check the Ops officer for the -5 Colonists mission while you're there, as well as throwing together any of the 1-2 hour missions that you have good Doff coverage on - they're 175 dilithium on a crit, and if you're just logging that alt in every 4+ hours for contraband, they'll have all finished by the time you're back on.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll be turning in some borg neural processors amd cybernetic implant s. I hope to have enough time to run a couple foundry missions. But i wont get much from any of the new weekend events. I need all my marks as marks.
  • Options
    maskedmarvel1maskedmarvel1 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    completed the nukara rep on 2 characters today , got 48000 dil for each and just got the last mission of the rom rep to do on my reman for another 48k
  • Options
    wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Turn in extra marks like crazy.

Crystaline Entity is a quick score, as are the Nimbus dailies.

Take a spin through the Neutral Zone dailies.

The Explore Strange New Worlds daily is worth over 2000 and doesn't take too long.

Hit up Grigori Yanishev for his daily.

Dyson Battlezone is unmatched for the amount of dil it gives out.

And, of course, STF's are always good for dil.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Massacre voth. Then massacre Borg, then massacre more Voth.

then switch characters because you have more dil than you can refine, then do it again.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been running Conduit back to back on a set of toons that have already made tier V Omega and have all the kit they need from that reputation.

Decent chunk of dilithium each time, plus omega marks and borg modules that can be turned right in.

By the time I've run it four times, the cool down is reset for the first one.

An alternative, perhaps, to the Voth zone if you prefer to play space based shooty shooty.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    I've been running Conduit back to back on a set of toons that have already made tier V Omega and have all the kit they need from that reputation.

Decent chunk of dilithium each time, plus omega marks and borg modules that can be turned right in.

By the time I've run it four times, the cool down is reset for the first one.

An alternative, perhaps, to the Voth zone if you prefer to play space based shooty shooty.
    I prefer stabby death. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I prefer stabby death. :P

Each to their own :D

And stabby death can be a refreshing change of pace, from time to time.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well here's something I stumbled upon, it might not help you so much this time but it may well in th future.
    I have spent the best part of three days grinding battlezone to get the dyson set for my bastion.and when I got back to my bank on the first day I couldn't believe how manycybernetic implants I had. Now after several days of grinding, (not inclclluding the implants I've spent on the dyson gear), I have over 70 implants saved up which I intend to turn in for dilithium tomorrow. In this time I've also done plenty of other missions on other toons, but this has been my main focus. I mean the refine cap you are still stuck with but you can be sorted for dilithium for some time after the event, and if you do it over several toons you can really rake it in. Although dyson itself is a goldmine if you put in the time in battlezone.
    I mean that's just one way, there are so many others other people have mentioned and you already know about, this is truly a most lucrative time for dilithium.
    Thankyou devs.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".