test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tailor issue

xarles2013xarles2013 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Romulan Discussion
So... Why is it that only on my Romulan, I can't change a single thing in the tailor without it requiring me to spend 550 zen to buy Counselor Troi's Uniform? This is ridiculous, can't change from the color yellow to the color blue, can't change a single aspect to my character without it requiring I buy that uniform. Sometimes I don't have to change anything, the second I click modify on an outfit, 550 zen will already be added to the total for purchase. When will this be fixed? It affects everything, my character and bridge officers, on every single outfit.
Post edited by xarles2013 on

Comments

• cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I sent a support ticket on the exact same thing

- Removed -

I don't know a way around it...
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing!

Perfect World Support

lmao what a joke at the end
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,179 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just so you know. You have violated the Terms of Service by posting private correspondence between you and the support team.

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

You may find that your post may be edited or removed.

Please read the TOS I have included.
    edited February 2014
    Didn't know that. Ill edit.
    edited February 2014
    Didn't know that. Ill edit.

Please do. If unsure of anything you can find the Terms of Service at the foot of the forums page.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    eazzie, it would be fair if you edited your quote as well since it still contains that which should not have been posted.;)
    edited February 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    eazzie, it would be fair if you edited your quote as well since it still contains that which should not have been posted.;)

And Wilbur2 also.

Back on topic, the point I was making is it is a known issue and, as far as we can know this side of the Development team, it is in the process of being solved.
    edited February 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »

Cheers for that :). Usually though if a community team member edits or deletes it gets deleted from all other posts too. As this is as not been the case I should of done so myself. Appreciated the heads up :)
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is easily worked around for now:
    Workaround: Select something other than the Republic/Fed jackets, untick the box at the bottom left to show costumes you don't own, then reselect the piece you want to use.
  • spookpwaspookpwa Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Have same problem with tailor trying to charge for change of clothing to clothing that I have already bought/got in game.

All I have seen from support of this so far have been a in game reply that they have emailed me about it, though so far I have not seen any actual email coming in from them about this. :confused:

Now I am stuck in one of the sets of clothing they at least don't charge me with again. :rolleyes:
    Double_e23652_217093.jpg

A test server is supposed to be used to properly test patches before patching anything....
  • kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sigh.. another thing on the "broken feedback" list.. it's going to be one epic game review/feedback.. keep up the *cough* work... :D:(
  • nortyfinernortyfiner Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I had the same issue today making a new Romulan character. The Republic uniforms cost Zen now? Huh?

Also, as a more general note: it would be helpful if Cryptic would simply put more uniforms in as full outfits selectable all at once, such as "Reman Nemesis", instead of making us have to hunt through the customization for individual pieces and struggle to match colors. This especially would help Federation side, where there are literally hundreds of uniform variations but only a handful listed as outfits. In fact, most of the Federation NPC's you meet or see walking around (aboard ESD for example) wear uniforms that need customization to duplicate. It's called a uniform because it's supposed to be UNIFORM. The tailoring system overall simply could be much more user and RP friendly...
  • kayhuyakayhuya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been having the same problem as well, except it's only with the shirt, not the whole outfit. Strangely, though, I can modify my bridge officers' shirts without the game asking for any Zen. The Romulan outfits are nice and all, but I don't exactly want my character to go around wearing only half of the Republic uniform.

I also agree with the issue of making more outfits. The Reman Neutral uniform used to be an outfit, as a matter of fact, and there were several other outfits you could choose from while making your character, but for whatever reason they've been removed. While the only thing it really does is make me spend more time customising, it would still be a lot more convenient if they were made outfits again.

Speaking of which, I think it would be an excellent idea if, for the In Shadows storyline, Cryptic made the Tal Shiar uniform an outfit option, or at least provided a guide to the colours. It's easy enough to select the clothes and all, but I have no idea which colours you have to select to make it entirely accurate. Again, this isn't too much of an issue, but I think it would also be more convenient if the Tal Shiar uniform was made an outfit option.

That does sound like an idea, dragonsbrethren. I'll try to remember to give it a go, and I'll post back later to say if it worked or not. :)
    edited February 2014
    Tal Shiar becomes an option later on in the story, and the workaround posted above does work.
  • kayhuyakayhuya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ah, do they really? Great to hear! :D
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Tal Shiar becomes an option later on in the story, and the workaround posted above does work.

Really? I was on my Rom KDF the other day, and I could have sworn that the Tal Shi'ar uniform still has the gender bug, plus it does not have the rest of the (super awesome) NPC costume options.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    edited February 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Really? I was on my Rom KDF the other day, and I could have sworn that the Tal Shi'ar uniform still has the gender bug, plus it does not have the rest of the (super awesome) NPC costume options.

Bear in mind if it is bugged, I haven't been playing from before it stopped working right...
    edited February 2014
    Whoah, pump the brakes. So you're telling me that there are toons out there with full RSE costume options? :eek:
    R E M A I N

edited February 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Whoah, pump the brakes. So you're telling me that there are toons out there with full RSE costume options? :eek:

Possibly?

I was sort of thinking you would know, since you've been playing this for far longer.
    edited February 2014
    I've heard rumours, though I have not seen any, I have seen a few screenshots here and there however, but with all of the Republican fanatics running around, (*cough*Tal'Diann*cough*) I think many people would fear that they would be trolled if they wore their uniforms.
    R E M A I N