test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Defection

cytarabinecytarabine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I think it would be cool if we could take a single character on an account and let him defect to the opposing faction taking all of his items with him. Just let me take (for example) a Starfleet Engineer I do very little with and shove him into the KDF. Make it a for fee add on and limit to a single character per account if they want. I'm sure I'm a long way from the first from having this thought. I think a lot of folks would be interested in that.

Anyways...let my public flogging begin. lol
Post edited by cytarabine on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I seriously doubt Starfleet will let you take that state of the art starfleet starship like the Odyssey without sending a bunch of loyal Starfleet ships to recover that ship from you or keep it out of the hands of the Klingons.

Also, the Klingons will far more likely take that Starfleet ship off your hands and give you some rickety Klingon ship. Either way, you lose your Starfleet ships.
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think it should be possible but I don't think they'd let you keep your ship.
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You just defected once. Why should the Klingons trust you to not do so again?

You would not be keeping your starship. The KDF would want to take a close look at it, and want to know all of the security codes too.

I would guess that Starfleet Intelligence/Section 31 probably has some inside people on all Federation starships to prevent just that. I also cannot imagine an entire crew compliment wanting to go along for the ride.

At best you would be stripped of all your ships, Duty officers (why would they join you), Omega reputation as earned with Starfleet, and any rewards that went with it, and any other faction specific things.

So, not a good thing. Better to just roll up a new KDF character.

Also, I cannot imagine Franklin Drake allowing you to keep breathing with your security codes and such.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    gurluas wrote: »
    I think it should be possible but I don't think they'd let you keep your ship.

As far as business goes, Already paid for, take it away and there will be hell. No business wants to deal with that.

In game, you've just brought a state of the art ship to the enemy. You think they'll leave their new prize and the one who brought it to them out to dry?

The answer is no.

However it would be nice if they locked you into that ship.

No swapping ships (Except small craft of new unlocks for your new faction) you would lose access to your other ships as they'd be locked up in Federation territory (But in order to keep players happy you could still pull your items off of the ships that are stored, minus ship specific equipment.).

Say it was a friend still in the Federation granting you access or something.
  • kolbrandrkolbrandr Member Posts: 266
    edited February 2014
    I just rolled up an alien that looks human and called him a defector.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wow. You have just zero clue about the Federation and the Klingons.

On topic, why is it that every MMO has those people who want to defect to the other side all the time? ********, Star Wars, Everquest etc. Really, you have the option already to roll a character of the desired faction, why do you need to defect?

I wish every time a player asks for a defection mechanic, the Devs would trace their account, delete their characters and leave them an email saying "Your characters have been found guilty of high treason and have been executed for their crimes against their faction." Because clearly we cannot trust these people to fight with us.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They will take your ship, than the Klingons will Kill you for being a Traitor....you can't be trusted.
    GwaoHAD.png