test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My 6 month old MVAE w/12 - 13k DPS =)

trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Federation Discussion
Hello,

I have been playing STO for 6 months and this is the result of many friends and the STO community, along with throwing in there my own style, helping my current MVAM build

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#char(Trizeo@trizeo1)/ship-equipment (note enter your UN & PW, click on your Toon then click on my Trizeo1)

or

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=trizeotrizeo1v2_0

I have been told that and I know that I am NOT maximizing my DPS with having a torp and not having the KCB but I have found that my combo of GW, TS3, FAW & CSV fully buffed is enough to take out a huge amount of NPC's with little to no effort, I especially love using this in Azure. It gets me by very well in Khit elite were in I was in a PUG and was left alone on one side was able to do the whole side by myself without letting any probes pass. It took a while and the other side finish only like 2 mins before coming over to my side. We still ended up failing the optional as THEY let the 2 probes go by =/

I have some suggestions about getting rid of the torp and going 2 copies of FAW dropping TS3 for APO & adding another DBB up at front which I will try but without a torp... it isn't ST for me =).

I have yet still some tweaks to do with this such as

- get 2 more Rom Boffs for more crit
- change all weapons to have Accx2
- get better devices?

I don't pvp much but if I do it's only to help friends out for them to have a punching bag. When I do pvp it I change out TS3 to BO3 & TT1 to target shields etc GW to Feedback Pulse & weapons change 2 turrets to have nukara web mine & breen. I have surprised some of my friends with actually beating them with this thing even surprising myself. This is not to say that I will start pvp but it's nice to know I can hold my own (when only comparing to the people I've fought).

The DPS numbers I got from 2 ISE combat logs that some friends were recording. Also doing STF's like Crystaline & SB24 in a group of 3 (w/experienced) players I consistently get 1st place. DPS to me from what I've been able to figure out is essentially hit EVERYTHING... to me it's kind of fake/blown up numbers but I do see why people can get high numbers. My goal is not to get 20 - 30k (not even sure if I can in this thing) but I am open to suggestions but in the end will always probably have a torp and if that stops me from being a 20 - 30k hitter then that's ok with me, as I mentioned before it's not ST for me without torps. One thing I would like to know is how a Defiant, on it's own, is able to kill a cube and generator by itself using from what I can tell quad cannons in less than 30 seconds....

Feel free to comment/suggest - thanks in advance.

Oh... feel free to contact me in game as well... I'm always up for STF's Trizeo@trizeo1 is my game name
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know, that link you provided requires your username and password for anyone else to see your ship.

I think you need to use this skill planner if you want to show off your ship:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You know, that link you provided requires your username and password for anyone else to see your ship.

I think you need to use this skill planner if you want to show off your ship:

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/

Anyone that has showed me their build using Gateway has worked out this way. All one must do is enter their UN & PW and it works. Ill do one on STO academy as well later on.

thanks.
  • Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    trizeo1 wrote: »
    Anyone that has showed me their build using Gateway has worked out this way. All one must do is enter their UN & PW and it works. Ill do one on STO academy as well later on.

thanks.

Ah--I see. I had to select one of my characters first, to see yours. k. sorry about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ah--I see. I had to select one of my characters first, to see yours. k. sorry about that.

Yeah... I know it's kinda weird but it's cool looking.
  • Options
    natorepublicnatorepublic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What is your parsed crit hit numbers? Are you running the rommy crit birds from the embassy? And hello triezno.
  • Options
    mt268mt268 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Id love to test my defiant Retro against this... PM me in game if you like. Like you, I havent done much PvP
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    What is your parsed crit hit numbers? Are you running the rommy crit birds from the embassy? And hello triezno.

Hey Nato,

I only have 1 crit Boff planning now to get the 2nd on in the next week. Well the last ISE runs you have parsed :D

My Crit chance in space is 21% and Crit sev is 70% I think?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    mt268 wrote: »
    Id love to test my defiant Retro against this... PM me in game if you like. Like you, I havent done much PvP

Hey, yeah if you want to blow me up sure! Im not out there to prove myself about having the best build... just want a build to blow up BORG! ahhhaahh..