test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new science dstroyers

ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
after a year, year and a half i came back, and i have one question regarding new science destroyers. i really love the look of the new ship.

do we get these consoles when we get the ship ?
protonic shield matrix
shield inversion projecor
proton destruction module

and do we get those fused mkXII ship weapons with actual ship or i need to farm it somewhere?

and those special ship functions (i think 5 of them) do we get it too or?

well thanx in advance :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Console are from the cstore 3 pack released later in February

The fused proton weapon is availed through tactical mode

I don't know what you mean by special shop function.

Should check the dev blogs. Info is all there
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    special ship functions, where is that tactical mode and first is well that lightening discharge 2 shield bonuses and something dunno what.

i dont mean that cannon which you get in tactical mode,i mean fused mkxii phasers that you have onboard ship and fused photon torpedo, where can i get those?
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ragnar0x wrote: »
    special ship functions, where is that tactical mode and first is well that lightening discharge 2 shield bonuses and something dunno what.

i dont mean that cannon which you get in tactical mode,i mean fused mkxii phasers that you have onboard ship and fused photon torpedo, where can i get those?

those are just there for the temporary ship you fly, so that the ship has something fun to use , the fused part is to stop you from taking them off and keeping them
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • ragnar0xragnar0x Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    and i have one final question, i see ppl are flying those ships now, how do i get it without farmin 15 days of Qmendations?
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It is a show off ship to make you want to buy the Store ships later on...and of course to grind for the free ship. Just gimmicks such as the Boffs you have in the mission (OP Tuvok) and so on...
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    and i have one final question, i see ppl are flying those ships now, how do i get it without farmin 15 days of Qmendations?

Spend lobi
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Are the ship skills not the consoles and set bonus for those and the shield etc ?
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014

They buy Qmendations with Lobi crystals, there's a Q pack in the Lobi store that contains a certain amount of Qmendations inside. That's how people are already flying these ships.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    paspinall wrote: »
    Are the ship skills not the consoles and set bonus for those and the shield etc ?

The basic ship will have a special Warp/Sing. Core, a special Secondary Deflector, and that's it.

Some of the FE ship's powers come from the Shield-Deflector-Engines-Core set, which you get from the new FE. Some of them are from the 3-piece console set found on the upcoming C-Store bundles.

And some of it's powers are special Boff abilities that you can't get, period.
    and do we get those fused mkXII ship weapons with actual ship or i need to farm it somewhere?

Fused simply means you can't remove them from the ship - it's not a special proc. Other than that, they're regular Very Rare MK XIII Phasers/Disruptors/Plasma Weapons. And no, you don't get them with the ship.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fused just means they cannot be removed, and that is for the FE.

The ships come with standard phasers/disruptors/plasma and Photon/PlasmaTorp (Fed,KDF,ROM) and they have the non-removable Solanae Dual Heavy Proton Canons [Acc][CtrH]x2 (available in Tac Mode).

The Pack you get for the rom ship comes with the ship (sing core in the set outfitted) as well as the warp core for the set (so Roms can use the full Solanae Hybrid Technologies set in faction vessels)
  • schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone know if the cstore versions are going to allow us to remove those cannons and place whatever dual weapon we want? I hate the cannons because they are not any particular energy type and can not be buffed in any meaningful way via tac consules.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    schmedicke wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the cstore versions are going to allow us to remove those cannons and place whatever dual weapon we want? I hate the cannons because they are not any particular energy type and can not be buffed in any meaningful way via tac consules.

The canons on my Rom one are Proton, they are bufed be consoles which increase proton weapon damage (such as the tac consoles from the Dyson rep)
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    no the C-store still have the locked in proton cannons according to dev posts

and they said the cannons have 2 very rare auto leveling damage boosting consoles built into them so they still get a damage boost because of the no proton boosting consoles
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • schmedickeschmedicke Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks. It would be cool if they allowed you to put any dual weapon though. That way beam builds get their beams and cannoniers get their boom stick. Add this to the wish list please devs.
  • buttatobuttato Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To get both of the Solanae 4 piece sets (The consoles and secondary deflector / Step Between Stars rewards), would it be worth it or even relevant to get the Qmendated SDs or just farm the rewards and farm Dilithium instead of qmendations for a redundant and inferior form of ship I'd get anyway?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The ship we fly in the mission contains every console from the 3-piece bundle coming out on the C-Store soon, every Solanae equipment obtained through getting the Anniversary ship and the equipment from the anniversary mission, and all set bonuses from the consoles and Solanae equipment. So you don't need to purchase the 3-piece bundle to see what special abilities will be in the bundle.
  • algideonalgideon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    buttato wrote: »
    To get both of the Solanae 4 piece sets (The consoles and secondary deflector / Step Between Stars rewards), would it be worth it or even relevant to get the Qmendated SDs or just farm the rewards and farm Dilithium instead of qmendations for a redundant and inferior form of ship I'd get anyway?

Well if you want the full set with all the consoles and everything, you will need to buy the c-store bundle AND farm the ship for Qmendations. Because IRC in the Blog they said only the 4Y Ann. Ship will come with the secondary deflector and the Core.