test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship stealth mechanics, bomber defense.

dri55tdri55t Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hello. My first post so be gentle.

I'm kitting out a T'varo fleet retrofit. I'm really interested in the stealth mechanics, and am having a hard time finding information.

My build is focused completely on stealth bombing and science. I'm not spec'd in any shield abilities and run all power in engines and aux. Currently I use Breen 2 set bonus (I'm running all transphasics) and hyper-impulse xii very rare engines. My impulse speed is about 48-50 and my stealth is just over 300.

In PvE my build works great. PvP is a big problem.

Sometimes it is very hard to remain cloaked. Sometimes enemies can see me, even if I'm not close to them. Other times they bust my cloak with sensor scan. I'm running 2 mk xii purple stealth modules, and am maxed out in stealth skill. I also run at about 75 aux.

I was running injector modules so I could run aux at 85, but switched them back out for armor because of how often I was getting chased down.

Occasionally I don't get decloaked with sensor scan if I'm not super close.

Is it possible to avoid sensor scan? I'd like to know the numbers for this. What helps avoid detection?

Is it possible to avoid being decloaked by hazards and the like?

How can I become harder to hit? I really don't want to give up the speed of hyper engines for the reman ones with +24.4 starship maneuvers because I think my speed is more important. What are your thoughts?

Current ship:
T'varo fleet
front:
2 mk xi purp trans
1 fast loading trans
1 breen cluser

rear:
2 mk xi purp trans
1 trans mines

Breen deflector and shield
Hyper impuse xii [spd] [full] [turn]
breen shields (with stupid visuals off!)
hyper injection singularity core xi, reduced cooldown on singularity charge and slipstream

4x Trans compressors, 24.4% - 28%
2x stealth modules, xii purple
2x mk xii purple armors. One each of the types that protect against 4 types. (no kinetic armor, I usually outrun torps.)
1x plasma destablizer
1x rule 62

I know there are better fleet consoles and reputation bonuses I need to get. I'm doing that now. My fleet is only tier I and just reached tier I on all reputations today.
Post edited by dri55t on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Something to keep in mind is that it's easy for many players to gain Stealth Detection vs how much Stealth you can get. Trying to spec into Stealth is going to be almost pointless. I mean, you can, but it really provides very little.

You are better off taking your Stealth consoles and replacing them with something else. Not sure what else at the moment, because I don't have the time at the moment to help out more unfortunately. But yes, they are seeing you out so far not really due to your own fault, but because they can easily gain stealth detection.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Starship Stealth Skill: One of the worst value skills available.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=916621

Regarding Stealth Detection
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=823621

Even with those...and...well, countless other threads explaining just how easy it is to overcome Stealth at this point in the game (it's been an absurd downward spiral since LoR)...

Somebody brings up the question over in the PvP forums and...

Too much Perception in PvP?
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1003651

The dam breaks, the butthurt gushes forth, a veritable flood of pathetic tears...

The days of needing anything close to a dedicated snooper are long gone - which also killed that particular playstyle for those that enjoyed it.