test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Bridge Officers - Debuff them

neppakyoneppakyo Member Posts: 245 Arc User
As it stands for the romulan bridge officers are a wee bit OP. They have 2 space traits each, while KDF/FED boffs only have 1 space trait, and rom boffs stack.

It would be nice for rom boffs to have a space trait removed, or add a 2nd space trait to KDF/FED boffs.

A good idea in my opinion would limit the type of rom traits to specific bridge officer. ie;

The crith/critd trait should only be limited to tactical boffs, the defense trait limited to Engineer boffs, and stealth trait limited to science boffs.

Kind of like embassy rom boffs available to KDF/FED. Probably be better to limit the romulan side to boffs like the rom embassy ones.

It's quite startling that a rom captain can have well over 30% critical chance (those new fleet tac consoles dont help either) and some can hit about 140%+ crit severity.

The majority of vape boats are romulans.

It would be nice for cryptic devs to think and test things first before releasing TRIBBLE like that, power creep is slowly killing this game.
Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
Post edited by neppakyo on

Comments

• Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    NO!!! We Romulans don't get enough love as it is.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This really didn't need a thread all to itself. This would have been right at home in the "Doooom" thread.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    NO!!! We Romulans don't get enough love as it is.

Yeah.. no love :P Just an OP subfaction that should of been a separate faction on its own, where you'd have to grind your own starbase.

and lol at the doooom thread. You're probably right. Too many whiney rommy players going "noooooo! I want my 150k crits on cruisers with 60% resists!"

I'd like to see more balance.
    Quote about STO on consoles: "Not quite as bad as No man's sky, but a close second."
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Noooo! I need my 10% crit from Boffs alone to make my Scimitar more fair and balanced. :( (like Fox News fair and balanced)
  • Options
    priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited January 2014
    Speaking of these dastardly Romulan BOffs with crazy crit chance, where do you get them besides fleet store/ exchange? I'm asking... because... ah... I need to imprison them. Yeah. So they can't... hurt anyone anymore?
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Speaking of these dastardly Romulan BOffs with crazy crit chance, where do you get them besides fleet store/ exchange? I'm asking... because... ah... I need to imprison them. Yeah. So they can't... hurt anyone anymore?

Thats pretty much it, unless your a romulan, then you can get them leveling up.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    a NERF with any other name is still a nerf.

the first big problem here is that it is a nerf, which is always bad in any MMO, even when necessary, it causes much angst. The second issue is that many people paid stupid amounts of money for their officers, and a nerf to them would be like stealing money from those players. The third issue is splitting the buffs up by class... here again, frustrating players that bought their officers, and making some ships better than others just due to the ensign seat which might favor one trait or the other -- a ship with a universal ensign that was mostly a joke before is now a lot more powerful than it was, see? This is worse than the problem with stealing energy credits with a nerf --- it directly touches purchased ships and lobi, real money spent, far more important than EC.

How to solve it? You already said.... the answer is to buff other factions, not nerf the roms. If all factions had good space trait officers, everything is normalized again.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They just need to add more space traits to other boffs and make rares and very rares sometimes have superior traits.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No stacking of BOFF Traits would fix it all and would make people have a more diverse bridge crew.
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »
    snip

Sorry, did you say something?
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    cerealplayercerealplayer Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neppakyo wrote: »

I'd like to see more balance.

Well, that's too bad.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No need to nerf anything. Just let me, as a lowly Fed Engineer, have access to *human* boffs with 2.0% CrtH too!

N.B. And what's with Rom female boffs only having 1.5% CrtH!?! This is the 21th century, you know?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The irony is the "overpowered" hull heal from leadership got nerfed so it wouldn't stack but Superior Operative and Pirate are sacred cows.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Imagine the kdf/rom whining if leadership stacked again... it would be epic QQ
  • Options
    starmada1starmada1 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think it would be cool if every race had it's own unique space trait, it would help increase variety among crews, and maybe create a little market for boff trading.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    No need to nerf anything. Just let me, as a lowly Fed Engineer, have access to *human* boffs with 2.0% CrtH too!

N.B. And what's with Rom female boffs only having 1.5% CrtH!?! This is the 21th century, you know?!

Indeed, everyone knows that females are overly critical.

/rimshot
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    hah! Nice one elessym.

This issue still needs to be addressed. Nerf them, or buff kdf/fed boffs.
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    They just need to add more space traits to other boffs and make rares and very rares sometimes have superior traits.

I would much rather see this than a debuff to the rommies. No reason to make a good thing worse when you can make an okay thing good.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Be nice to see some major defensive or resist space traits added to fed BOFF's to migate the power creep of romulans, and in general.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    starmada1 wrote: »
    I think it would be cool if every race had it's own unique space trait, it would help increase variety among crews, and maybe create a little market for boff trading.

This!

Also... right now the kind of logical step would be to make the rom bos usable for the other factions...

After all, Roms can use KDF/Fed BOs too, so that would be fair...
    Also, the DOs work for all factions, too.