test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why not having high end equipment from the Dili store and make it all EC currency?

uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
We'll what I meant there is that since we have the ability to have more ship on our hands and loadouts and we don't want to grind for all our ships so why not keep Dili currency for ships and have EC for equipment.

1st reason is that the exchange you all know some of the best items are way to over priced unless if the dev's think something to fix this.

2nd reason is that you pretty much going to use Dili on ships, fleet ships and reputation stuff but for basic mk xii items it should be EC,

This is just a suggestion and tell me your thoughts on it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by uss917019 on

Comments

• Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are only mk xi, and yes, they should be ec instead... What's with trying to scam noobs out of their dilithium?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    unikon wrote: »
    Because they don't make money. Dil converts into Zen and vice-versa. The more things that use Dil, the more potential to make money.

You pay for mk xi items on the dilithium shop? No? Where's the "money" Cryptic is making?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Like I says on my post why not make Dili strictly to ships and fleet ships and special items from the reputation and get EC for normal gear.

Simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    uss917019 wrote: »
    Like I says on my post why not make Dili strictly to ships and fleet ships and special items from the reputation and get EC for normal gear.

Simple as that.

The Dil store items serve two purposes. One is to entice those who don't make a lot of Dilithium in-game but have enough disposable income to warrant buying Zen on a regular basis, buy Zen and convert it into Dilithium.

Secondly, the Dil Store and anything else that requires large amounts of Dil (such as Rep gear) is also to entice those who make a lot of Dilithium in game to sink it into the store or the Rep system, and not convert it into Zen and practically get C-Store items for free.

So it won't happen.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    There are only mk xi, and yes, they should be ec instead... What's with trying to scam noobs out of their dilithium?:rolleyes:

I suposse he is talking about the fleet kits (MK XII), not the regular ones.

But i agree with the op.
  • Options
    tanuustanuus Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ya'll are dreaming. Dilithium is real money to Cryptic. Need more dilly to buy these noob-trap weapons? Drop a tenner, buy some zen, and bam, you got your dilly. Why do you think they limit us to 8k refine/day? To keep us BUYING IT.

And it works because we're all stupid and play right into their hands (pockets).
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ok so you want me from now on to buy fleet ship without even using money and your saying that dili makes money for cryptic then when i am getting dili from ingame mission that means cryptic is getting zero none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    uss917019 wrote: »
    Ok so you want me from now on to buy fleet ship without even using money and your saying that dili makes money for cryptic then when i am getting dili from ingame mission that means cryptic is getting zero none.
    Dilithium is being traded every day by thousands of people for Zen. Zen is purchased by players from Cryptic. That makes Dilithium a monetary currency - which is why it cannot be traded to other players like EC can.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.