test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dancing Elachi in New Romulus Command?

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
Not cool, Q.

As someone who fought hard to protect their people from being turned into Elachi chow, this Romulan is not amused. :|
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
Post edited by furiontassadar on

Comments

• Options
    wrenfuwrenfu Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    remember the 12 billion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not cool, Q.

As someone who fought hard to protect their people from being turned into Elachi chow, this Romulan is not amused. :|

What??? No picture, no real. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah its a typically Q joke, just use a party amplifier an watch him dance at your whim!
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Q isn't out to amuse a single being, unless that single being is himself. If he wants a dancing Elachi at New Romulus, you can be sure that the tender feelings of the inhabitants of the planet aren't entering into his thoughts.

Of course, as a Romulan you are always free to complain to Q. Just don't be shocked if he turns YOU into a dancing Elachi....
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    corethl wrote: »
    Q isn't out to amuse a single being, unless that single being is himself. If he wants a dancing Elachi at New Romulus, you can be sure that the tender feelings of the inhabitants of the planet aren't entering into his thoughts.

Of course, as a Romulan you are always free to complain to Q. Just don't be shocked if he turns YOU into a dancing Elachi....

If that were the case, Q would very quickly find my thigh boot up his ... you know where.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Of course, attempting to kick the TRIBBLE of the omnipotent is usually a bad idea.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This isn't really the first time Q brought Hitler to a bar mitzvah, so to speak. For the first anniversary, Q plopped giant dancing Breen right next to the Deferi ambassador who was on ESD begging for help fighting off the Breen who had were enslaving, torturing, and killing thousands of Deferi.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pics or it didn't happen. ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Of course, attempting to kick the TRIBBLE of the omnipotent is usually a bad idea.

Sisko managed to get away with punching Q. Then again, he may have technically been under the protection of other omnipotent beings at the time....

hevach wrote: »
    This isn't really the first time Q brought Hitler to a bar mitzvah, so to speak. For the first anniversary, Q plopped giant dancing Breen right next to the Deferi ambassador who was on ESD begging for help fighting off the Breen who had were enslaving, torturing, and killing thousands of Deferi.

Man...at least the previous Q had some class. There was usually a reason why he pulled such stunts.

This Q...with the exception of that one episode in the Borg arc, it's just inappropriate party antics whenever he shows up...
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Now that I think about it, for one of them didn't he also bring dancing Fek'ihri to Qo'nos with him? So, yeah, offensive party guests are kind of his thing.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I'm not afraid of him. I'm a Romulan woman! We're sort of like the Iron Age Celtic women, whom even the Romans feared.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not cool, Q.

Think of it this way: Q has abducted these evul shroom-heads and stopped them from whatever evul things they were doing and brought them to the capital of their greatest enemy and is forcing them to just stand there in an intensely hostile environment and dance, ceaselessly, for twenty-five torturous days and nights.

I think its funny as hell, if true. (still waiting to log in to confirm.)
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    Think of it this way: Q has abducted these evul shroom-heads and stopped them from whatever evul things they were doing and brought them to the capital of their greatest enemy and is forcing them to just stand there in an intensely hostile environment and dance, ceaselessly, for twenty-five torturous days and nights.

LOL if this is true, my romulan will be laughing her a** off for 25 days and nights.
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Indeed. Unless, of course, he just conjured them out of thin air. In which case these particular Elachi have never done anything to anyone, so the only problem is stirring up bad memories.
  • Options
    startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LOL it be funny to though if i could make an romi faction elachi toon and just run around new romulus command in a republic uniform.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, does this mean Q, Jr. would bring dancing Borg to one of Jean-Luc Picard's parties? Yeah, this Q is rather tasteless compared to his father....
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Having Elachi dancing on command like trained monkeys amuses me.

Making your enemies look stupid is a time honored propaganda tradition, to boost the morale of the populance with mocking humor.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

I hadn't thought of it that way, and I suppose that would be acceptable and mildly amusing if true, but....

Indeed. Unless, of course, he just conjured them out of thin air. In which case these particular Elachi have never done anything to anyone, so the only problem is stirring up bad memories.

Going by previous encounters with Q Jr., like the winter event, it's more likely this is the case.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I hadn't thought of it that way, and I suppose that would be acceptable and mildly amusing if true, but....

Going by previous encounters with Q Jr., like the winter event, it's more likely this is the case.
    Well.. you do know what his OTHER choices for "dancing girls" are? Fek'lhri.... yes the Klingon idea of demons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    zidanetribalzidanetribal Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well.. you do know what his OTHER choices for "dancing girls" are? Fek'lhri.... yes the Klingon idea of demons.

Q's dancing girls for Earth are the Breen, who attacked Starfleet Academy in DS9.

Q's dancing girls for Qo'noS are the Fek'Ihri, who attacked the Qo'noS headquarters in the Fek'Ihri arc.

Q's dancing girls for New Romulus are the Elachi, who attack Romulan planets in general.

If we can take anything from this, it is that Q's tastes in dancing girls seems to be deliberate.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Oh it happened. And is happening as I type this. #scared

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, does this mean Q, Jr. would bring dancing Borg to one of Jean-Luc Picard's parties? Yeah, this Q is rather tasteless compared to his father....

Jean-Luc's parties are probably (by our standards) pretty boring affairs, probably punctuated by recitals of classic literature. I can see Q'jr bringing in dancing Borg to liven up the place. I can also see him relocating the party to Risa at the same time; the Captain needs to loosen up, after all....
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Q's dancing girls for Earth are the Breen, who attacked Starfleet Academy in DS9.

When I cashed in my Party Patrol daily with Q at Club 47 yesterday, I didn't see any Breen there, but I did see a big, fat, ugly green alien, apparently male, dressed up as an Orion dancing girl (and cavorting like one too, natch). Is that what the Breen are supposed to look like out of their suits?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When I cashed in my Party Patrol daily with Q at Club 47 yesterday, I didn't see any Breen there, but I did see a big, fat, ugly green alien, apparently male, dressed up as an Orion dancing girl (and cavorting like one too, natch). Is that what the Breen are supposed to look like out of their suits?
    No, that's a Fek'lhri. The Breen are on Qo'nos.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    terragosaterragosa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

They look more like Ogres to me.