test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how long cooldown one offs distract you form your outcome. a horizon thread

thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
edited January 2014 in PvP Gameplay
yeah...they look cool...

and most of the time put your target in a position they do not want to be in...

yet...universal consoles will most definitely distract you from your desired outcome.

there are few console/build combinations that reach the desire effect most are reaching for. some players will even run multiple 1 off 3 min cooldown console powers in the attempt to get that big haymaker landed.

i get it guys. and i understand. yet i implore you to look to your standard, or fleet +1 consoles that give more power to your boff powers or overall ship statistics to accomplish the task at hand. whatever that may be.

in my 4 year experience with the game....well...round about that... i have only found that doing this brings me closer to my desired goal.

i'll leave it to you guys to dissect the windows, apa vs nuke.... rsf vs fomm....as opposed to theta radiation vs hazzard emitters, or grav pulse vs eng team....but i imagine you can get some ideas rolling....

have fun kill bad guys
Post edited by thishorizon on

Comments

• Options
    mdwgardiner1701mdwgardiner1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree in principle. However universal consoles have proven time and time again to be more effective than many bridge officer skills.
    Inner Circle / Special Circumstances
    Gardiner, Suval, Thran
    Korvak, Raketh, Xedar, Zidow
    Decis, Vesok
  • Options
    magniacapramagniacapra Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    TIF vs....
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This has nothing on the romulan vapers running multiple impulse cap cells and swapping them out under stealth to ALWAYS have an out button even when decloaked
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This has nothing on the romulan vapers running multiple impulse cap cells and swapping them out under stealth to ALWAYS have an out button even when decloaked

That's why one shot kills is the PvP apex. No chance to heal, no chance to warp. Rest assured fail papers dedicated to escape over max dmg, fail time and time again vs hard targets.

While they swap run solutions and ams, real threats will tolerate increased exposure for the potential for mega pwn dmg
  • Options
    one4theagesone4theages Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    TIF vs....

lol????? really? psw knocks off tif, tif the tiffer, nuke the tiffer. fly away from tif.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol????? really? psw knocks off tif, tif the tiffer, nuke the tiffer. fly away from tif.

Unless they run damps on it, like it's possible on some Wells layouts.

Nuking won't remove TIF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I was wondering when someone would toss this out, the TIF users favorite token defense.

Let's see if you can answer some questions:

1) How do you knock TIF off of someone with AID or APO?

2) How do you fly away from TIF when it's cast directly on top of you and has a -200% flight speed debuff and a -150% turn speed debuff while giving the user a +50% flight speed buff and a +100% turn rate for a total difference between the two of 250% flight speed and 250% turn rate in favor of the TIF user?

3) How do you prevet TIF being used to defend against a kill? Once the kill is defended against, knocking off TIF is effectively irrelevant.

4) Team Blue has no TIF, Team Red has 3x TIF in Wells. How does Blue team counteract the fact that TIF grants +150% power rech speed to the Red team's Sci ships (per ship, not team wide) and a -150% rech debuff on them (a value that is 2x the rech debuff of base SNB 3, which starts at -70%)? The debuff also happens regardless if you're in a wells or not, but the Wells is still a top tier Sci ship.

IIRC, since I don't use TIF, the Power Rech speed also benefits captain powers - meaning one side has more SNB, more Sensor Scan, more Sci Fleet, etc.

The only way to counter one team to having more of the most powerful force multipliers (Sci captain abilities) is to either be clearly superior to your opponents and make 0 mistakes and hope they make a few, or to bring your own TIF.
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was wondering when someone would toss this out, the TIF users favorite token defense.

Let's see if you can answer some questions:

1) How do you knock TIF off of someone with AID or APO?

2) How do you fly away from TIF when it's cast directly on top of you and has a -200% flight speed debuff and a -150% turn speed debuff while giving the user a +50% flight speed buff and a +100% turn rate for a total difference between the two of 250% flight speed and 250% turn rate in favor of the TIF user?

3) How do you prevet TIF being used to defend against a kill? Once the kill is defended against, knocking off TIF is effectively irrelevant.

4) Team Blue has no TIF, Team Red has 3x TIF in Wells. How does Blue team counteract the fact that TIF grants +150% power rech speed to the Red team's Sci ships (per ship, not team wide) and a -150% rech debuff on them (a value that is 2x the rech debuff of base SNB 3, which starts at -70%)? The debuff also happens regardless if you're in a wells or not, but the Wells is still a top tier Sci ship.

IIRC, since I don't use TIF, the Power Rech speed also benefits captain powers - meaning one side has more SNB, more Sensor Scan, more Sci Fleet, etc.

The only way to counter one team to having more of the most powerful force multipliers (Sci captain abilities) is to either be clearly superior to your opponents and make 0 mistakes and hope they make a few, or to bring your own TIF.

Sounds about as broken and unbalanced as it can be.
    I am a Sci player mainly and just started playing PvP, and it seems pretty OP. Nothing i can do to counter :(

I have no wells either to do it to others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree in principle. However universal consoles have proven time and time again to be more effective than many bridge officer skills.

That is so wrong lol. Pay to win items more powerful then built-in powers? I never ever seen that in any other (P2w) mmo ive seen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    That is so wrong lol. Pay to win items more powerful then built-in powers? I never ever seen that in any other (P2w) mmo ive seen.

we were both in mwo, where jorf had every hero mech. remember bro? where every (true p2w) hero mech vastly outperforms its plain counter. p2w owns you, and isometric, is p2w.