What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A fragile-looking Leonard Nimoy was spotted at Kennedy Airport

venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Ten Forward
:: LINK ::

Frail Leonard Nimoy wheeled through JFK
A fragile-looking Leonard Nimoy was spotted at Kennedy Airport on Monday evening.

The 82-year-old actor, famed for his role as the original Spock in ?Star Trek,? was seen wearing a breathing tube after returning from Saint Martin with his wife, Susan Bay.

I just saw this article a few seconds ago, and I thought I should share it with everyone. Whatever he may be going through, I hope Nimoy is able to recover.

God bless Nimoy.
Post edited by venkou on

Comments

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That is interesting.

Edit: Though, considering his age, not entirely extraordinary.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    That is interesting.

Edit: Though, considering his age, not entirely extraordinary.
    Yeah, I know.

Seeing him that way completely stinks.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good luck and a swift recovery, Mr. Nimoy! Live long, and prosper!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    considering his age..

i also dont think mr nimoy would appreciate this personal situation getting about so casually. if i was him i wouldnt.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I admit that I noticed his frailty before in the last years, probably one of the reasons he doesn't do much anymore.

Look at Shatner, he is one ball of happiness, but since Nimoy always used to be very slim, age shows more pronounced.

Whatever happens, I hope Mr Spock can preserve his dignity.
  • Options
    apocalypse2oo1apocalypse2oo1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the guys is an old TRIBBLE now! of course he's going to look frail! Everybody who is old looks frail! Stop spreading negative energy and put things in context!
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    God Bless Nimoy.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The saddest former star must be Kirk Douglas. A stroke has made him an empty shell of his former self.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Recover? Recover from what, time? I wish the man well and thank him for the many years he has given us, may he enjoy the time remaining to him.
    May the paparazzi's cameras explode in their faces, give the poor man his friggin privacy, he's earned it.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Recover? Recover from what, time? I wish the man well and thank him for the many years he has given us, may he enjoy the time remaining to him.
    May the paparazzi's cameras explode in their faces, give the poor man his friggin privacy, he's earned it.

Yeah, he didnt look too happy to see a camera. By the looks of it he was trying to be low profile.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    the guys is an old TRIBBLE now! of course he's going to look frail! Everybody who is old looks frail! Stop spreading negative energy and put things in context!

That's a bit... cold...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    apocalypse2oo1apocalypse2oo1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dalolorn wrote: »
    That's a bit... cold...

that's reality. I'm not going to be in denial simply because you wish it so.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    that's reality. I'm not going to be in denial simply because you wish it so.

Hey, my previous post did note his age and was rather neutral about the whole thing. Doesn't mean you have to act the way you acted.

• Options
    jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Leonard Nimoy was photographed at a airport few days ago Oxygen and wheelchair. He just did not look healthy:( He jumped on twitter and said he quit smoking 30 years ago but guess it was not soon enough. He has COPD. He also said to smokers ?Grandpa says, quit now!! LLAP?

This may or should be moved to ten forward. But just for a little bit I think he should be posted where most of us come. After all without these orginal guys we would not be fans and we would not be playing this game. Also keep in mind we don't have many left:(

Now he is 82! Airports like JFK are huge and many use wheel chairs at his age and well half his age lol. So I pray and hope he has many years left!

http://www.trektoday.com/content/2014/01/nimoy-addresses-concerns-about-his-health/
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LLAP = Live Long And Prosper.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I believe someone beat you to the punch.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Heartbreaking. I heard he was using a wheel chair at the last Star Trek convention.

I really hope people don't think ill of me to say this, and it pains me to say this as I'm a huge Nimoy fan, but I don't think he's going to be around much longer. :(

Devs, if by some chance you can get him to voice one last time for something, now is the time.
  • Options
    taloslepaltaloslepal Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    he was always true to the trek community though and through.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh dear, that was rough to see him In that condition being wheeled around in a wheelchair. Best wishes to him and Live Long and Prosper.
  • Options
    lukem2409lukem2409 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dear God, if you let us keep Nimoy, we'll give you the entire Cryptic and PWE teams. PLEASE.
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Best wishes to Leonard. It's depressing but unsurprising that his health may be deteriorating. I met him a couple years ago at Dragon*Con and I remember thinking to myself that he looked really old and frail at the time.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tyraidd wrote: »
    I really hope people don't think ill of me to say this, and it pains me to say this as I'm a huge Nimoy fan, but I don't think he's going to be around much longer. :(

If he's on oxygen and in a chair he's reached the advanced stage of COPD. I have the same disease in a similar state. Theres no cure. We'll both be dead in the next couple of years. However, Mr Nimoy is truly a great man.An inspiration, a hero, a figure tolook up too in all his roles.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2528206/
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lukem2409 wrote: »
    Dear God, if you let us keep Nimoy, we'll give you the entire Cryptic and PWE teams. PLEASE.

That's not funny.
  • Options
    mwhitakermwhitaker Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Borg - party-poopers of the galaxy" ~ The Doctor
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wufangchu wrote: »
    If he's on oxygen and in a chair he's reached the advanced stage of COPD. I have the same disease in a similar state. Theres no cure. We'll both be dead in the next couple of years. However, Mr Nimoy is truly a great man.An inspiration, a hero, a figure tolook up too in all his roles.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2528206/
    There's no need to discount yourself. I don't know your name, but still I love you for being a fellow human and fellow Trek fan. And you're a hero and inspiration to me for your fight with COPD. Maybe you didn't make the same type of mark on society as Leonard but I think you still made one. Best wishes, man.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    captainstevetngcaptainstevetng Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dixonium wrote: »
    That's not funny.

Agreed... messed up.
  • Options
    otakuboytotakuboyt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thought and prayers....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gabytrekgabytrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to suggest that the next major ship in STO, whether it be a new class, or simply just the name of a ship in a featured episode or mission, be called "U.S.S. Chambers".

Two reasons:

While it wouldn't be appropriate to name a ship "U.S.S. Nimoy", Leonard Nimoy grew up on Chambers Street in Boston's West End.

Secondly, John Chambers was the make up artist who created the first prosthetic ears worn on TOS. Not only was he responsible for the look of Spock, but every subsequent Vulcan and even Romulan that came after.

And if you need a good in-universe explanation for the name U.S.S. Chambers, maybe "story-wise" name it after this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_G._Chambers

Seems like you could hit two (or even three) birds with one stone with the "Chambers" name.
    @GabyBee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Disheartening news indeed ... To me it would seem inappropriate to use LLAP ... Instead to the man Leonard Nimoy I would say, best wishes, and as always Boldly Go ...

And if the worst should come to pass, well ... I'd say Spock is looking forward to having more arguments, or shall we say "discussions" with Bones and Scotty ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png