test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RP Ship Suggestion: Phoenix

druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
With the addition of the ability to fly any ship without having to return to base, the idea came to mind that maybe you could start adding some ships that have either limited or no combat capability (purely for the "RP" part of MMORPG). And what better ship to begin with than...

The Phoenix

Would be great seeing the ship flying around Earth, or limited to within the Sirius Sector Block. Around Earth, you could animate the nacelles (for Full Impulse), or have them folded out while at warp (in Sector Space)

Thoughts? Just 3 short months to go until First Contact day.
Post edited by druhin on

Comments

• berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    NONONONONONONOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That should be the next T5 ship!
    :cool:
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I say yes indeed
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A year or so ago, I would've said "Hell no" to a playable Phoenix. But since they added other non-combat ships such as the Tuffli, I say "Why the hell not?"

Geko, Jamjamz, anyone... ???
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nice idea in part but don't forget the phoenix was only capable of warp 1 and would likely have fell apart if it could have done any more anyway, so if you are flying in sector space expect a very long trip to get any place.
    also the phoenix was before the time of quantum or slipstream drive so you can expect no shortcuts in that department.
    also forget visiting you ship bridge, the phoenix didn't have a bridge as such or any other interior other then a tiny flight deck that just about holds 3 people this also means you would not be able to take many crew with you.
    one other thing is if you have The Phoenix pet from First Contact Day events and launch it and see how small it is that is about the size you will be so don't expect to be noticed much by any other players with or without the nacelles being extended.
    In fact if any other player does spot you they would most likely wonder what parent ship you belonged to thinking you was a pet.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why not just make it into a Tier 5 ship to TRIBBLE with all the people that want Tier 5 Connies.