test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Engineers and the Creative trait

wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Academy
I've searched hi and low, even talked to Brandon on twitter and can't seem to nail down a definitive answer. Does Creative boost damage to engineers bombs, mines, turret and mortars?
They do come from kits, but I suspect going back to City of Heroes and the origins of this game engine they are considered pets.
Post edited by wry1 on

Comments

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2014

yes that. But that is ambiguous. It doesn't tell me if the game considers damage from bombs, mines, turrets and mortars to be "kit"damage.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wry1 wrote: »
    yes that. But that is ambiguous. It doesn't tell me if the game considers damage from bombs, mines, turrets and mortars to be "kit"damage.

As I recall, mines are affected, but mortars/turrets are not. Creative is worth taking on an engineer at the very least for the boost to heals.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As I recall, mines are affected, but mortars/turrets are not. Creative is worth taking on an engineer at the very least for the boost to heals.

Shield heals and hypos... the former of which are fairly weak, the latter heal enough without Creative.

It also doesn't increase the damage of Orbital Strike/Chasing Beam.

All in all, Creative isn't worth the slot on an Engineer. When mines hit, they generally do enough on their own with a little spec into Demolitions (though Creative can be helpful on Elite ground STFs), and aside from that, the Engineer's main kit-based heals, buffs, debuffs and attack pets aren't affected, and it's the pets (along with the Chasing Beam, if you have it) that are the Engineer's strength on the ground.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Shield heals and hypos... the former of which are fairly weak, the latter heal enough without Creative.

It also doesn't increase the damage of Orbital Strike/Chasing Beam.

All in all, Creative isn't worth the slot on an Engineer. When mines hit, they generally do enough on their own with a little spec into Demolitions (though Creative can be helpful on Elite ground STFs), and aside from that, the Engineer's main kit-based heals, buffs, debuffs and attack pets aren't affected, and it's the pets (along with the Chasing Beam, if you have it) that are the Engineer's strength on the ground.

Shield heals are not weak and hypos reach closer to the player's maximum health when using Creative. You are also forgetting that Creative affects any and all shield and hit point heals, including passive/programmed random occurrence healing from Weapons, Armor, Personal Shield Generators, and Reputation System passives. Two piece set bonuses, such as the Adrenaline Booster, are also affected by Creative.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)