test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spotlight Romulan missions on the Foundry?

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
I've always wanted to give Foundry missions a try, both to try out some of the amazing player-made content that I'm always hearing about and to earn the daily Foundry Spotlight dilithium reward while I'm at it, but something that has always held me back is that it seems like all of the Spotlight or highly-rated Foundry missions are primarily made for Starfleet and Klingon captains.

I know there are Romulan-centered Foundry episodes out there, and I'll definitely give some of those a try in my spare time, but have any of those managed to garner Spotlight status yet?

Or, at the very least, are there any Spotlight missions that are neutral-enough in story and/or dialogue that I won't feel weird playing them as a Romulan? It was already awkward enough playing through some of the shared episode arcs as it is....
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
Post edited by furiontassadar on

Comments

• kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Foundry missions are split based on faction, thus Klingon and Starfleet stories. You can find some tailor made stories for Romulans out their, but you will have the read the details and/or ask the author. Usually, if it is Romulan centric, an author will advertise it. However, there is not tag or setting you can do to filter them out.

Another option is to check out Starbase UGCs listing. Generally they have a list of the top and hot foundry missions, and have a larger space to place advertisements and descriptions. Asking in the chat room there will also garner you some results I bet.

Best of luck, and May the Stars Guide You.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Infinite shift is made for romulans on the fed side.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What we need are updates to allow the Romulan faction (and Fed-allied-Rom / KDF-allied-Rom subsets) to be valid restrictions in the Foundry.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the advice, all. Sounds like I just need to search a little harder...and maybe wait for a bit more proper support for Romulan Foundry authors from Cryptic....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They told us that we'd be able to make Romulan missions. The ability to designate a Romulan mission appeared in the Foundry.

Then, it disappeared. We cannot make a Romulan mission without making a KDF or Fed mission and then telling the player that it's meant for a Fed-Rom or a KDF-Rom.

But there are quite a few Romulan-themed missions out there. But, I haven't really seen a lot of authors making missions specifically for Romulan players.
    wait for a bit more proper support for Romulan Foundry authors from Cryptic...
    You might be waiting forever.

Thanks for having an interest in the Foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]