What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #36

13»

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    It would be awesome if the Cardassian Front got some work, IMO it has always been the worst section of the game, and now compared to the Romulan and KDF missions, and Featured Series, it really shows how bad it is. The flow is terrible, and the story is weak, and many of the maps just go on and on and on forever. And since all 3 factions play through this part of the story, it would get the most benefit from the time spent.

Oh, yes. My favorite example (Warning, Spoilers for the Bajoran Arc):
    The Bajoran/Cardassian that turns traitor that you've never head of before and will never hear of again, totally neutering the impact such a revelation could have if it had been a recurring character.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh, yes. My favorite example (Warning, Spoilers for the Bajoran Arc):
    The Bajoran/Cardassian that turns traitor that you've never head of before and will never hear of again, totally neutering the impact such a revelation could have if it had been a recurring character.

Maybe in a year or two they'll do a Cardassian faction and rework that arc. I have a whole story progression in mind for playable Cardassians. I sent it to Branflakes and a few others, but Idk what they thought of it if they had time to read it.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To be honest I have a strong dislike to retouching missions in any MMORPG.
    Why?
    Because its just just a refresh that replaces existing content and does not actually add "more" content to the game.
    And if there is anything STO needs its more fresh new content to play through.
    Just think of it like washing your car, or getting new tires. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tightened and Improved Dialog: In many places we?ve tightened up the dialog for the mission, so that you can pick up the story with only a page or two of text. Also, we?ve made sure that your captain has a say in how missions progress; instead of being told what to do by your bridge officers, you?re giving orders while they look to you for leadership. Along with this, we?ve snuck in a few cases where your species or career can alter the dialog, and cases where your choice of dialog can affect the outcome of the mission.

Yeah you might wanna go back and check that dialogue because it is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors. This is right from when you first talk to Quinn (Who really sounds like he failed high school), through the episodes and even the minicontact popup dialogues on your side...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010