test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rep Powers 'shared cooldown' (is changing, see post #13)

jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
Seriously? A ten minute cooldown on all rep powers - and it's shared? This is absolutely ridiculous. Why in the world would you put something like Refracting Tachyon Cascade on a ten minute shared cooldown - all it's useful for in the first place is opening a Tholian web.

Fine, Defiance and Nanite Health Monitor might be a little overpowered together, but that's why you give the second one a two minute cooldown, not a full ten minute recharge. Most maps don't even LAST ten minutes for Pete's sake.
Post edited by jer5488 on

Comments

• Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To be fair though, while you still have a little more versatility, as an experienced character, who's done multiple reps to T5, you kind of take away a good half the value, of doing it over all, than a "new" L50, or one that hasn't bothered to get more than one.
    Personally, I think it's a mistake, having all these "shared cooldowns". While some make sense, others do not. And just like sci/eng/tac team sharing cooldowns, I think one makes little sense as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Stupid decision by Cryptic... not their first one and most definitely not the last one either.
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I think it makes sense. That way, they are closing the gap between a "full T5 in all reps" character and one who is just fresh level 50.

So by your logic 'Full T5 characters' shouldn't have the benefits of set gear - nor the bonuses it provides - because their hard work to earn these skills/items/powers makes it unfair... Sorry, that one just doesn't fly with me.

If the powers being used in tandem is the problem, give them a two minute global cooldown. A full ten minute global cooldown on every power is an insult. It's basically telling everyone who earned the powers that they wasted their time.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Seriously? A ten minute cooldown on all rep powers - and it's shared?

The shared cooldown is 10 minutes? That is concerning. Defiance had a 5 minute cooldown and Refracting Tetryon Cascade had a 3 minute cooldown. A 10 minute cooldown effectively makes both of these abilities nearly worthless.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is way to long it should be 2mins, 10 mins is way way to long wot im going to do from now on is just grind to tier 4 theres no point in grinding to tier 5 any more guess ill go back to star wars for a bi seen as in way past tier 4 on all 5 chars. U guys love super nerfs i am shocked u let us know before hand it would be more like u to try n slip it in as a sly nerf.
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah 2 mins seems more acceptable, no shared cd would be ideal.
  • Options
    neok182neok182 Member Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would say 2-3 minutes is acceptable. 10 minutes is just a joke.

Most of us finish almost all events in under 10 minutes turning these into 'oh TRIBBLE' buttons instead of real abilities.
    ACCESS DENIED
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Like I've mentioned in other threads, I have no idea why the heck the devs came up with this idea when they cooked it up. The tier 5 bonuses are pretty junky to start with. With so many other things that are OP and needing adjustments in the game, why are they picking at the ones that already have the worst cooldowns and limited effectiveness.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's a bad idea. They never were that powerful to begin with, especially with such a lengthy CD.
    As for closing the gap, the rep grind take about 1months (maybe more ?), and can be done by anyone, it's not fleet locked, gear locked or even difficulty locked. The power in the end is available to anyone, and not required for any content. There is a much wider gap if you look the gear a fresh lvl50 without fleet will have vs a vet with a big fleet. Mk XI blue/green weapons vs MK XII very rare fleet items. And yet, nobody is complaining about it.

Stupid idea is stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Who thinks up this nonsense? So you create lots of rep systems to give players (especially lvl 50) something to do/aim for, and reward them for it with mediocre powers and mostly junk equipment, and then for those that have spent the time and effort to get all T5 rep you do this.

In a good team most space stfs and fleet actions matches are over in about 10 min. So now you get to choose one rep power to use each match. I don't get the logic of this. I think when the devs make a change like this they need to add an explanation as to why they are doing so.

I hope this has nothing to do with PvP, because judging from the long queue waiting times the PvP population in STO is tiny.

There should be no shared cooldown on these powers at all.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Um, yeah... about that. One of the Devs already said they changed their minds about this...
    The long shared cooldown on T5 abilities will be going away. It was the first attempt at fixing the "Tier 5 Rep Powers being affected by recharge reduction" bug, but there's a less disruptive way to fix that bug that we'll be pursuing.

/thread. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Um, yeah... about that. One of the Devs already said they changed their minds about this...

/thread. :P
    Where was this posted then??

I cant find anyone saying they are not doing the 10 min cool down now?
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    bignutterbignutter Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14474681#post14474681

Just about ago day from when I made this post.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

BTW, if you click the red dot next to adjudicatorhawk's name it'll take you to his post. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.