edited January 2014 in PvP Gameplay
A small craft only map? Its a start...
NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
Post edited by empireofsteve on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    "New PvP mode", is more accurate. I believe it's using Cracked Planetoid as the map :) But yes, it's a start.

And I want to say this: the Community support for PvP, including bootcamp, the guest blogs, you all, and more made this possible :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also from the patch notes:
    - Nimbus Pirates can no longer subnuke
    - APB no longer gains stacks from torps and such
    - Resolved an issue which was causing some captain career abilities to not properly work such as "Photonic Capacitor". -> I have no idea what that means...
    - Cryo immobilizer can now be resisted
    -T5 Rommy cloak and the Nukara T5 now share a global cd... which sucks if you ask me.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Of course we would all love grand open zones... and challenge maps with options... and all sorts of other fantastic things.

However this is here and its now... and appreciated. Thanks. New is new, I'll take it and be very very happy.

We have been waiting mostly patently and then not so much and then indifferently. lol I hope you guys continue with some more new things in 2014, cause now your going to get us being nonindifferent (I think I made that word up). :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wait? What? New PvP content? *Lurking in the dark*
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "New PvP mode", is more accurate. I believe it's using Cracked Planetoid as the map :) But yes, it's a start.

And I want to say this: the Community support for PvP, including bootcamp, the guest blogs, you all, and more made this possible :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It'd be neat if the team would also hook up PvP versions of shuttle-only maps like the Vault interior or Atmospheric Assault. They'd be a bit smaller than Cracked Planetoid, but when your ships are tiny and have little in the way of defenses, that can be a plus.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is a start, but I hope is that, a start and not the end.

Good news today for Star Trek.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But yes, it's a start.

...does this implement there's more to come?

however, any bit of love for pvp warms this targets belly :)... even though i'm not really interested in shuttle pvp. but i will try it out. at least for the love :D...
  • adjudicatorhawkadjudicatorhawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please go test it out on Tribble! Let us know if it's fun, if queueing mixed-faction for faster queue times is fun, etc. :)
    Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
    Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
    Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please go test it out on Tribble! Let us know if it's fun, if queueing mixed-faction for faster queue times is fun, etc. :)

until the red faction is closer to being as healthy, player population wise, as the blue faction, all the pvp should be cross faction. faction distinction has been destroyed by battlecloaks, carriers, raider, battlecruiser, and everything else being available on all sides, no side distinct gameplay is left to be lost with factionless ques. trying to pvp right now with a kdf character is suffering, id play kdf more but i cant get matches half as often as i could if i just switched to fed.

can we have a pvp mode that require tier 2, and another tier 3 ships? id be 10 times more interested in that then shuttle pvp. not that i dont tremendously appreciate the work put into adding shuttle pvp!
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, I think the general consensus from the people I play with has been "More maps and give us the teaming tech everywhere."
    can we have a pvp mode that require tier 2, and another tier 3 ships? id be 10 times more interested in that then shuttle pvp. not that i dont tremendously appreciate the work put into adding shuttle pvp!

This^
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Shuttle PvP is best PvP
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Does this mean that filthy Klinks can queue in the same team vs other fixed facton teams?

Wow, i'm taking my shorts off and eating them now.

Please please please say that this is a sign of much much much more things to come...... :D
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anyone know how effective the protonic charge is in a shuttle vs shuttle?
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I think the global cool downs on the T5 need addressing before they go live - please dont let the 10 min on all CD get through......

the Nukara T5 Tetryon Cascade ability is 3 mins cooldown. Yet when other T5 ability is triggered, it goes onto 10 min cooldown.
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The day foretold in the prophecies has come true!

STO PvP improvement! :D
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • panserbjorne39panserbjorne39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Rad! Thanks!! Time to bust out the To'Duj and Yellowstone we got for free. :D
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sat with a couple guys in Sol 1 queued up for the new map, tried getting people to come test from OPvP, got no response at all really. Over an hour only four came to test, no pop even.

More people need to come test this stuff, its fricken PvP content for christs sakes, get over there and TEST.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, this is a surprise. Darnit, now I have to patch Tribble.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can't wait for this to go live. My friends and I have been small craft pvping each other for some time now. It's a lot of fun. Thanks for the new feature devs!
  • captainwessoncaptainwesson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :D I love seeing the pvp community excited about something like this. Even if it is a little step in the right direction, it is a step nonetheless. Very nice job! Great...now I must patch Tribble...
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This is a refreshing change of tribble notes, and I appreciate your sentiment.

Thanks Bran.

Will do, and I'm all in favor of cross-faction queues!

Now, where's maikai when you need someone to organize some shuttle battles? :D
  • blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for this! Can't wait to try. I don't seem to have a tribble option though so I'll have to wait.
  • colorblind90colorblind90 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Superb news! Thanks for even a small PVP update, hope its a start to something bigger! :)
    Much appreciated devs!
  • queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So which one do you think will be better?

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=pvpfighter1_0

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=pvpfighter2_0

Doffs are 2 for ST cooldown and 3 for BO cooldown.
    I am @allenlabarge in game :D
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well looking over the list of all the available small craft, I can see that there will only be a small handful of ships that players will use. And one that stands out above the others. The Tholian Widow Fighter with a Tac Boff and a Sci Boff and 2 Tac consoles and 1 Sci consoles puts it at an advantage above other small craft. It will be prob the most used.

Peregrine Attack Fighter has 2 tac and 1 Eng consoles but only 1 Uni Ens Boff but can have DHC. The Delta class is also an good ship with 1 Tac, 1 Eng, 1 Sci consoles and 1 Ens Uni Boff and 1 Sci Boff station.
    The best Tank looks to be the Voth heavy fighter.
    It just looks like people are going to want to fly ships that have 2 Boff seats and 3 consoles. Any ship that does not have at least that will be at a disadvantage.

So that leaves just 6 ships to choose from.

With the Romulan Commanders Gig being an exception with a Battle cloak and jump.

But the only ship that is going to give you 2 Boff seats and 2 Tac consoles and 1 Sci is the Tholian ship. Running Romulan Plasma Weapons you could use 2 Plasma Tac consoles and 1 Embassy sci consoles for a %9.6 damage boost. Just looking over all the specs for all the ships and I can see already that in time it will be nothing but one or two ships being flown.

Now one saving grace that will break up this monopoly will be pre-mades. Ships like the Yellowstone that have built in abilities like the eject warp plasma and tractor beam or the Ferengi Pods metaphasic shield array. Or the Voths built in hazard emmiters. These special traits exploited in a team setting with set game plans and good communications can be extremely deadly. But for the avarage solo Pug player one of the 6 superior ships is going to be the best choice.
  • queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well looking over the list of all the available small craft, I can see that there will only be a small handful of ships that players will use. And one that stands out above the others. The Tholian Widow Fighter with a Tac Boff and a Sci Boff and 2 Tac consoles and 1 Sci consoles puts it at an advantage above other small craft. It will be prob the most used.

Peregrine Attack Fighter has 2 tac and 1 Eng consoles but only 1 Uni Ens Boff but can have DHC. The Delta class is also an good ship with 1 Tac, 1 Eng, 1 Sci consoles and 1 Ens Uni Boff and 1 Sci Boff station.
    The best Tank looks to be the Voth heavy fighter.
    It just looks like people are going to want to fly ships that have 2 Boff seats and 3 consoles. Any ship that does not have at least that will be at a disadvantage.

So that leaves just 6 ships to choose from.

With the Romulan Commanders Gig being an exception with a Battle cloak and jump.

But the only ship that is going to give you 2 Boff seats and 2 Tac consoles and 1 Sci is the Tholian ship. Running Romulan Plasma Weapons you could use 2 Plasma Tac consoles and 1 Embassy sci consoles for a %9.6 damage boost. Just looking over all the specs for all the ships and I can see already that in time it will be nothing but one or two ships being flown.

don't forget some ships have built in powers
    I am @allenlabarge in game :D
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Quick get them before the exchange prices rocket lolz
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wow 2014 seems off to a good start.
    You have already matched the PvP content of the Tribble Patch notes of the last 2 years combined.

With more then 24 h of active testing on tribble you have surpassed the freighter sortie (the last new pvp mode on tribble) that never materialized on holodeck.

Lets hope shuttle wars makes it to holo this time.

It is much appreciated, but i won't hold my breadth until its on holo.