test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aegis Technological Research set revamp

edwarlordedwarlord Member Posts: 120 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Federation Discussion
This beautiful set really needs a remake. I propose a revamped 4-piece set with the inclusion of an Aegis Field Stabilizing Warp Core. 4-piece sets were removed cause of the combos it can be made with but its hard to make a combo with this new layout...

Its modifiers would be:
1.Boosts maximum available Shield Power to 130.
2.[Trans] - 50% Reduced Cooldown on Transwarp or [SSR] - 50% Recharge Time Reduction to Slipstream Drive.
3.[S->W] - Power Bonus: Adds 7.5% of your Shield power to your Weapon power as bonus power.
4.[SCap] - Shield Capacitor: Shield Power Buff - Repairs Disabled Shields : +15 Shield Power Setting for 10 sec : +267.5 Shield Regeneration.
5.+5% to Defense.

The 2-piece set bonus would be changed (due to the warp core getting the +5% defense) to what the 3-piece set bonus is...
Reactive Shielding
Passive. When your shields are hit, Reactive Shielding increases the resistance to the incoming damage type for a short time. Reactive shields stacks up to 5 times per energy type, and can resist against several damage types at once. This resistance applies to your hull and not your shields.

The 3-piece set bonus would be changed to...
+15% Phaser* damage from the surplus power due to the efficiency of each Aegis system component working in tandem.

The 4-Piece set bonus would be...
Adaptive Shielding**
Passive. When your shields are hit, Adaptive Shielding gains one charge, increasing your Shield's resistance to the incoming damage type by 2% for 30 seconds. You can only have a maximum of 10 charges of resistance to each damage type at any given time.

*Why Phasers? 1. It limits its use in combos. If your using anything other than Phaser this isn't going to help you. 2. With at least two sets (that can be used together) and sci-consoles boosting plasma as well as other sets that boost AP, Tet, Disruptors... Phasers finally get a damage boost!
**Before you rat on this 4-piece bonus as taking away from the Fleet version... you need ALL 4 pieces to get it rather then just the Fleet Shield Array.
Post edited by edwarlord on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Aegis Set first needs a Mk XII version and that will most likely come about when Cryptic finally gets around to a Crafting Revamp again.
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Aegis Set first needs a Mk XII version and that will most likely come about when Cryptic finally gets around to a Crafting Revamp again.

I'd love to see a MK XII revamp for the Aegis set I still use it on my tact scimitar for elite stf's with the 10k and 20k dps channels and in pvp (when some joker thinks they can take me) but I don't think we will see a MK XII anytime soon which is to bad.
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • edwarlordedwarlord Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »

Mk XII will be available through the lobi store just like how you upgrade the Jem set to Mk XII :D
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    edwarlord wrote: »
    Mk XII will be available through the lobi store just like how you upgrade the Jem set to Mk XII :D

No similarity between the two sets. Jem'Hadar set was obtained through a mission reward and upgraded through the Lobi Store. Breen set Mk XII could be available through the Lobi Store. Borg Set was originally through STFs and the Mk XII version was obtained through the Reputation Store after the STFs were made into part of the Reputation system. If Crafting is revamped into some type of Reputation system, then the Aegis Mk XII will be available through the Crafting Reputation system.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No to any more 4pc sets

No to any more lobi store upgrades (massive ripoff, massive pricetag, VERY minimal reward)

No to AEGIS upgrade.

YES to reducing the dil cost to craft AEGIS to 1/3 of what it is now. Currently the reason most people don't use it is the freaking stupid cost required to make it. HOWEVER, if the cost were lowered, this would make a fine starter set for people levelling up or those yet to move on to the JH set.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Current version of Aegis Space Set is fine for entry level at endgame. However, there needs to be a Mk XII version available.

Keep it craftable.

Have an upgrade requirement of possessing the regular version.

Aegis Set already had a wishy-washy reputation among the playerbase even long before the LOR update. It simply does not hold a candle whatsoever with the availability of Elite Fleet Shields who stole the resist adaptability from Aegis on top of having inherent resists.

Other than boosts to stats for the Aegis Set worthy of Mk XII, the Shield in particular, or at least the full set bonus, needs some SERIOUS attention, because Elite Fleet Shields do everything completely better.

Aegis Set at Mk XII really needs to fit the name "Aegis" and the shielding should be viably good but not another step up for another OP shield in the game.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The devs a while back stated that they will not be updating it as they don't see it as an end game set, bit of a shame really as I like the concept of it but has been overshadowed (especially the shields) by the fleet stuff
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    +phaser damage when equipped on a Fed ship and +disruptor damage when used by KDF would be nice as a set bonus.
  • cyberdeath666cyberdeath666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well i hope to be seeing a MK XII Agis set soon im running this set on my scimmie now and it still kicks TRIBBLE in stf's and pvp good all round set
    [SIGPIC]AhhLvG.jpg
    [/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I support an MK XII version. I hate having to abandon the set once reputation comes into play.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Honestly, it's not that great a set. It's not supposed to be. Rep sets (specifically Omega sets) are SUPPOSED to be better than it.

What I hate, however, is that no other set LOOKS as good. Seriously! Dyson set has a nice visual effect, remen prototype looks awesome, but none of them really compare to AEGIS. And AEGIS just isn't worth it just for looks alone. I just wish other sets had unique visuals like this. Most just change the material file to give a different tint to the hull.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    verlaine11 wrote: »
    The devs a while back stated that they will not be updating it as they don't see it as an end game set, bit of a shame really as I like the concept of it but has been overshadowed (especially the shields) by the fleet stuff

And yet they put out a Jem'Hadar Mk XII set. It should be done with Aegis, and while they're at it, a Breen Space Set for Mk XII also.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Aegis needs a bump. Evasion is rusty and covered in dust, difficult to explicitly track and manage, and meanwhile we get more crit/acc stuff every day.

I don't care how they do it, but Aegis does indeed need to be competetive again. Give people a reason to craft.
  • echodarksidedechodarksided Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    AEGIS is not an end game set. It just costs like one.

That's the real issue with it IMO.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't care how they do it, but Aegis does indeed need to be competetive again. Give people a reason to craft.

^

This to infinity.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited January 2014
    patrickngo wrote: »
    hmmm...maybe instead of the MkXII we're not going to get, make it available at LOWER marks, say VII or VIII or something, with the ability to upgrade/update it as you level to a top-end of around mk XI.

The usefulness of the set currently begins at level 40-where the Jem'set and the Breen'set both outdo it.

then the devs can secure the 'special place' for all the rep/endgame stuff, but there's a reason to craft Aegis.

Personally wish it was a leveless set that could be crafted at the commander rank then at level 50 there was a crafting project you could run to upgrade it into a XII set, story wise you could sell it as "taking into consideration the new advances from the Dyson sphere or whatever......". Since it binds to character have the requirements for the upgrade be maxxed crafting skill, some other items that could only be obtained via crafting would be a nice consideration also, maybe adapted phaser weapons for ground and space. personal wish is a leveless ground combat set that could be crafted. I would like a useful return on the couple of characters I maxxed crafting on. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Of course the Aegis must be neglected. If it looks nice and unfolds like a summer's breeze, it must not under any circumstances be allowed to bloom into something truly beautiful. That would make any other dull and uninspired set come out like a messy conglomerate of half-thoughts! The very idea of allowing such a thing. How utterly...

Hey. Upgrade. Good plan!

---