Options

Gamereactor Interviews SalamiInferno

2»

Comments

• Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    The interview is text. not audio. But no there is no mention of the anniversary ship, only that the anniversay event will be expanding on the Dyson Sphere story.

Oh, i am sorry.
    I was used that interviews where audio only so i didn't even try to look for a text. Sorry for that. :o
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's good to hear that there is (hopefully) no new faction planned. The addon should really focus on tieing up the very loose storylines so far and conclude them. This will lead to a new start of story foundation which should be qualitatively much more superior than the old ones.
    i.e. compare the old missions with the new ones and you can see that they are not half as qualitative as they deserve.

A new faction should really be tied into the (then, ending) storyline. We are in the Delta Quadrant, so the logical step are the Borg somehow.

Bringing in Cardassians would be very odd and not logical at this time since they have no single dealing with the recent and past Iconian plot. It simply would look like a money making opportunity. You have to somehow explain why the faction exists at this point in time.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That was a good one to read. I'm looking forward to the Anniversary Event. Glad they are tying it into the story again like they did last year.

So far I have enjoyed the new Rep and missions. The ship ones been fun and at times a good challenge. The ground I did it once, and enjoyed it. However I would like an solo option for your usual away team. That way you can do some stuff with them as well. If you don't feel like playing with others at the time. At least give us the option to group or not and still get something.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    Bringing in Cardassians would be very odd and not logical at this time since they have no single dealing with the recent and past Iconian plot. It simply would look like a money making opportunity. You have to somehow explain why the faction exists at this point in time.

TBH In the dominion FE series I do not even know why the Cardassian guy was even there. The state of the cardassia at the end of the dominion war as well as the story line in this game for it. Basically cardassia is in turmoil still and took many decades for the cardassians to even get help in rebuilding their world. On top of that the true way issue where they said they didn't want to make the game come to a point where people thought of the KDF as the bad guys when that isn't what the KDF stands for being in the first place lol. So really like you said its not logical to put in a faction of cardassians where they aren't a threat to anyone much less in the position to help anyone. As well if you look at how the original story line unfolded and what they are molding the ongoing story to be the true way are nowhere near being a threat when you look at the threats facing the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans they are no where on the radar anymore lol.
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ctrl+F > type "PvP" ... => zero results => leaves :rolleyes:
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ctrl+F > type "PvP" ... => zero results => leaves :rolleyes:

I do complain about a lot of things sometimes well maybe all the time well maybe just when I'm bored. This is one thing I don't complain about because the game has never had PvP in mind from its launch to now so I can't complain about it.

Now if they advertised this as a PvP game and this is all we get then I would have a gripe with it. I've heard season 9 to be all about pvp but I doubt it will hold much weight because Cryptic barely has enough man power to deal with bugs and glitches. As well they don't even have the man power to deal with ppl cheating in ice races much less a whole new pvp system so if its true then S7, S8 and S9 will be the last 3 nails in the coffin for this game(they won't admit it but the last two seasons killed off a lot of veteran players from wanting to play sto).
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find it amazing they kept saying the game (STO) launched in 2009. The original closed beta launched in September 2009; but the actual public game launch was in February 2010.

Interesting that the developers can't properly recall the actual year the game launched in.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find it amazing they kept saying the game (STO) launched in 2009. The original closed beta launched in September 2009; but the actual public game launch was in February 2010.

Interesting that the developers can't properly recall the actual year the game launched in.

I found this .. you are correct. The article was written January 19th 2010

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/limited-lifetime-subscription-offer-for-star-trek-online-until-february-1872429.html