test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Lock Boxes

cruisin1500cruisin1500 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
Is it still possible for these to drop in game? Do they still contain the ships they originally had?
Post edited by cruisin1500 on

Comments

• nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is it still possible for these to drop in game? Do they still contain the ships they originally had?

Yes and yes. The boxes still contain what they had when they were dropping. And every once in a while (after one box is ended and then next hasn't started yet) they have made old boxes drop. You can either wait a while or buy them from the exchange. They shouldn't cost much on the exchange.

Edit: they're about 9k each right now.
    thanks,

is the chance per box as I open them, or is it pre - determined that a particular box you get off the exchange might have the ship?
    edited January 2014
    It's determined as you open it.

Here's a page with the odds of each item in the box (though it says the odds are out of date) http://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Lock_Box

If you're after the ship, good luck. Best thing to do is to sell the keys you're going to use and buy the ship on the exchange with the money.
    dice roll when box is opened
  • xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's determined as you open it.

Here's a page with the odds of each item in the box http://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Lock_Box

If you're after the ship, good luck. Best thing to do is to sell the keys you're going to use and buy the ship on the exchange with the money.

outdated odds
    edited January 2014
    outdated odds

Yeah, just saw that and edited as you posted :P But it's still a good indicator of the hopeless odds of getting a ship out of the boxes.
    is the chance per box as I open them, or is it pre - determined that a particular box you get off the exchange might have the ship?

The rewards are determined at the time of opening, not predetermined, so it's random each time you open on... ships are *extremely* rare, so rare, that you're often better off selling your Keys on the Exchange and just buying the ship directly.