test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Space Loot Drops Gone to Hell

hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
Has anyone else noticed that the kill loot tables for space NPCs were recently quite a bit worse than they used to be? For example, whenever I ran a pi-canis sortie or a Tau Dewa sector patrol, the enemies would usually have a nice mix of drops ranging from batteries to weapons to consoles to equipment.

Now? Now I get batteries. And more batteries. Oh, and MORE batteries with occasionally components and the rare commodity. Whereas before I had usually a 15-20% total loot of batteries quantitatively, now it seems to be more like 40-50% batteries quantitatively. It seems to me that space NPC loot drops have been modified to be significantly lower in value, or to drop mostly batteries.

Anyone else noticed this?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
Post edited by hereticknight085 on

Comments

• Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well...I did run 3 elite borg STFs today to try out my new Breen raider on my Klingon, and I ended up with a cargo hold full of batteries and white stuff...

Not sure if it's a bug, or what, but I didn't get much loot today.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't even bother with picking up items anymore. There were never loots in this game you'd actually use, but now it's even hard to sell them for EC.

Buy Zen, Buy Dilithium and buy your power creep gear from the store! Why would anyone PLAY the damn game to gain his or her gear? ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not at lvl 50 yet for my newest toon, he's still at lvl 37, but so far loot seems to be fine for me. I haven't noticed a difference.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You have bad luck.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, Cryptic and PWE believe that they can go on insulting us with the loot drop lately. News for you, if you don't raise the value and amount of drops by next patch (this Thursday), I'll promise that you, PWE and Cryptic, will be grinding in 2014 for the dollars to save your companies. I don't think that your financial transaction partners (Visa, Mastercard, Paypal and all other that you are using for payments) are going to be pleased with the illegal aspects of this game.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    hachanshachans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Yeah, Cryptic and PWE believe that they can go on insulting us with the loot drop lately. News for you, if you don't raise the value and amount of drops by next patch (this Thursday), I'll promise that you, PWE and Cryptic, will be grinding in 2014 for the dollars to save your companies. I don't think that your financial transaction partners (Visa, Mastercard, Paypal and all other that you are using for payments) are going to be pleased with the illegal aspects of this game.

Do you seriously believe that Mastercard, Visa and Paypal would care about loot drops in this game?
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hachans wrote: »
    Do you seriously believe that Mastercard, Visa and Paypal would care about loot drops in this game?

Some people don't have a firm grasp on reality.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    *sigh*

And of course I would get trolled in an serious post.

It does make me wonder though, what's up with the loot tables getting derped up like that? I mean I can understand the cubes in Ker'rat being buffed with all the farming going on, but still, why hurt the loot tables so much?

Currently I get the best drops from the Voth, which is to be expected, but even then... I guess I am just miffed that it's a lot harder to make ECs now...
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, you'll get trolled because... Really, this exact same thread has been coming up since launch and makes an easy target. Because what you're describing is pretty much my experience for going on three years now.

Only way I feel it's gotten harder to make EC is that in that time, fewer and fewer of those drops are worth anything on the exchange. Not because they're dropping less, but because reputation and fleet gear has supplanted all of it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    hachans wrote: »

No, I don't believe that those companies care about it. But they do care about the illegal aspect of the game aswell in the faulty product Cryptic is delivering. Oh yeah, the EULA and ToS. Sadly, both have no legal ground coz Cryptic/PWE forgot something before each of us downloaded the game.
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You mean mobs drop something other than lockboxes and batteries?
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Ut oh, I feel an 'I Quit' post coming on from you.. Stay, we got punch, pie, snowmen and gingers :D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No, I don't believe that those companies care about it. But they do care about the illegal aspect of the game aswell in the faulty product Cryptic is delivering. Oh yeah, the EULA and ToS. Sadly, both have no legal ground coz Cryptic/PWE forgot something before each of us downloaded the game.
    Actually, by playing the game you agree to the those. :P

I can haz ur stuff?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You mean mobs drop something other than lockboxes and batteries?

Apparently not. At least not anymore XD.
  • Options
    abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think you may have run into an unlucky streak. I haven't had much problem with drop variety. It's completely random, with white devices I think having the greatest chance to drop (no hard math here, just observation).

Last night I ran the 5 man fleet alert 4 times (different characters), and got quite a few white, green, and blue, consoles, engines, deflectors, weapons, etc. Nothing that really is exchange worthy, but vendors for a decent amount. I had the same result for ESTFs but with higher amount of blue drops.

It's just how much the random number generator loves you.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Actually, by playing the game you agree to the those. :P

I can haz ur stuff?

Let me ask you a question. Have you recieved from Cryptic/PWE a hard copy, printed on paper, as it has been laid down with their solicitors, or a downloadable copy (pdf/word format) of their full EULA, ToS, RoC ? A simple yes or no, will be enough.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was running "Badlands" on my new Rom toon earlier, killed three Jem'Hadar attack ships and got a Voth Lockbox from all of them.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually, the batteries are the most useful things I get. The rest goes to vendors, and once in a great while, to the exchange.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Let me ask you a question. Have you recieved from Cryptic/PWE a hard copy, printed on paper, as it has been laid down with their solicitors, or a downloadable copy (pdf/word format) of their full EULA, ToS, RoC ? A simple yes or no, will be enough.
    http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

Feel free to learn how to use a search engine.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I'm doing fine now. Went into Khitomer ground STF on elite, got me a MK 12 purple armor suit and a MK 12 purple shield. Plus a bunch of MK 11 blue, MK 12 green, and other high-tier blue and green stuff, and a bunch of white items that I promptly sold. So I think that you're just having bad luck, OP. Hope it gets better!
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Fun fact: ToUs and EULAs are generally worthless as far as saying what a company can and can't do. Not that I have an opinion either way on *this*.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    There have been no changes to space loot drop tables.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    salynraydersalynrayder Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There have been no changes to space loot drop tables.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That's good to know because I swear the OP was onto something. It seems I have the same problem. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

None has presented me before download of the game in a printed or downloadable copy, and such they have no legal ground. No matter they are been posted on the site, or flash by when you install the game. That's the reality.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    None has presented me before download of the game in a printed or downloadable copy, and such they have no legal ground. No matter they are been posted on the site, or flash by when you install the game. That's the reality.
    And yet, legally, it doesn't matter. It's their stuff and they get to choose how they let you use it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You need to educate yourself. That issue has already been settled by the courts. Whether you bothered to read the terms, or read them and failed to comprehend them, is irrelevant. By installing and using the software you have effectively agreed to abide by the terms of the agreement.

The expectation is that anyone considering downloading the software has sufficient intelligence to read the EULA online. The reality is that not all users can meet that basic expectation
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You need to educate yourself. That issue has already been settled by the courts. Whether you bothered to read the terms, or read them and failed to comprehend them, is irrelevant. By installing and using the software you have effectively agreed to abide by the terms of the agreement.

The expectation is that anyone considering downloading the software has sufficient intelligence to read the EULA online. The reality is that not all users can meet that basic expectation

They can meet that expectation, they merely choose not to.
  • Options
    comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its not just the space drop loot tables, I hit a double dabo and two single dabos in three spins (in a row) playing dabo today. that shouldn't happen.

Something appears to be screwy....
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree. For some days now, the loot drops are poor. Mostly batteries and Voth Lock boxes. I dont mind if there are batteries, but lock boxes are something worst. The problem is, when you don't want to pick up lock box, and than you cant get rid of the screen that shows you to pick up lock box. That's the problem when you are in space mission, and you are few minutes on same place. It's annoying. And mostly that time, when you kill few enemies and all drop LB.
  • Options
    uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The thing is to fix this problem is that in the description of the STF or missions when its set to Elite it says that it will be giving greater rewards but in reality its gives you nothing of a sort to Greater rewards, maybe if youd changed that to a more accurate like saying you will get common items in this place and just a small chance to get uncommon and rare stuff.

What i am trying to say is that the saying Greater rewards for players it means give me a Antiproton mk 12 purple so maybe if you change the discription about it?

This is just a suggestion and a thought on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]