test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pls give option to choose past year's ship during anniversary event

mightymoosemightymoose Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Title says it all. It would be nice if players get to choose from past year's anniversary ships. Many MMOs give this as an option (ie. ability to choose an earlier anniversary gift) and it would be really nice to get it here too.

I was unable to play during last year's anniversary event and missed out on last year's T5 fed ship. To me, it looks the closest to the connie amongst the T5 ships and I would really like to get the chance to own it.

Those who make it to every event will still have the benefit of owning a ship from every anniversary. But please allow those who missed a past one have a chance to own one at the cost of not owning this year's new ship.

Thx.
Post edited by mightymoose on

Comments

• rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Title says it all. It would be nice if players get to choose from past year's anniversary ships. Many MMOs give this as an option (ie. ability to choose an earlier anniversary gift) and it would be really nice to get it here too.

I was unable to play during last year's anniversary event and missed out on last year's T5 fed ship. To me, it looks the closest to the connie amongst the T5 ships and I would really like to get the chance to own it.

Those who make it to every event will still have the benefit of owning a ship from every anniversary. But please allow those who missed a past one have a chance to own one at the cost of not owning this year's new ship.

Thx.

Thing is, those ships are unique to that event.

The Oddy/Borta prototype from the year before as well.

I'm afraid that, by offering previous ships as options, it takes away from that uniqueness.

However, for you all is not lost.

Get access to a starbase with a tier 3 shipyard, make sure you have four fleet ship modules and 20k dilithium and you can buy yourself a fleet support cruiser.

Same as last years event only better.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Thing is, those ships are unique to that event.

The Oddy/Borta prototype from the year before as well.

I'm afraid that, by offering previous ships as options, it takes away from that uniqueness.

However, for you all is not lost.

Get access to a starbase with a tier 3 shipyard, make sure you have four fleet ship modules and 20k dilithium and you can buy yourself a fleet support cruiser.

Same as last years event only better.

Let's not forget that the 2nd and 3rd anniversary ships are Tier V, which means that Romulans wouldn't be able to gain access to them. This is part of the reason why they won't do this.

The other part is that the Odyssey & Bortasqu' (non C-store version) are both available in a Tier V fleet shipyard for 200,000 fleet credits. And as rinkster said, the fleet versions of the free ships you get are available for Federation and Klingon captains respectively.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Buy some zen then go to the fleet shipyard the fleet oness got better stats
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Let's not forget that the 2nd and 3rd anniversary ships are Tier V, which means that Romulans wouldn't be able to gain access to them. This is part of the reason why they won't do this.

Very good point as well, I hadnt considered it.

Actually makes me wonder about what may be coming up.

Would it make more sense for Cryptic to give all three factions the one ship, ala Obelisk carrier from SoI? As opposed to creating three tier V ships, one for each faction?

Maybe, in the sphere, they've found a cache of lesser ships built by the same people that built the Obelisk?
  • mightymoosemightymoose Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm talking about this ship (Support Cruiser - 1st picture) :

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=809331

I found this page with fleet ships :

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Ship_Module

But none of those ships look like this.

What's the name of the ship you guys are talking about? So I can google it. I have no problem spending zen, I already bought the tos connie from the cash shop. I just want a T5 that resembles a connie like the one in my first link.
    edited January 2014

I don't see a problem with this. Romulans won't have access to this year's anniversary fed ship either. Everyone gets one ship and obviously they can only choose one they can use. I'm just suggesting that past year's ships are also available in the option list.
    The other part is that the Odyssey & Bortasqu' (non C-store version) are both available in a Tier V fleet shipyard for 200,000 fleet credits. And as rinkster said, the fleet versions of the free ships you get are available for Federation and Klingon captains respectively.

I already have the odyssey.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
    edited January 2014

Yeah that's the one I'm looking for, thx for the link.
    edited January 2014
    It looks like in order to get the fleet version of this ship, I'll need to join a fleet (guild) and buy it from the fleet store/shipyard right? So what happens if I leave the fleet/guild?

Right now if I buy something from the cash shop with zen, it's always claimable by me on any of my toons. What happens to fleet ships that's also paid with zen? Is it available only to the toon in the fleet or is it unlocked to all toons? If it's locked to the toon in the fleet, then what happens when you leave the fleet?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In order...

"Bound to Character" to the character in the fleet, and if you leave the fleet you keep your ship, but if - for any reason - you dismiss the ship, you've lost it, it's gone.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited January 2014
    It looks like in order to get the fleet version of this ship, I'll need to join a fleet (guild) and buy it from the fleet store/shipyard right? So what happens if I leave the fleet/guild?

As has been said, its a singular purchase. Character bound, yours if you leave the fleet, dismiss it its gone.

However, its not strictly true that you need to join a fleet.

An invite to a starbase is enough.

Check through the forums, a number of reputable fleets offer free access to their bases.
    edited January 2014

Check through the forums, a number of reputable fleets offer free access to their bases.

Did not know about this, I'll check it out.

Thx to everyone's replies.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As has been said, its a singular purchase. Character bound, yours if you leave the fleet, dismiss it its gone.

Actually, you need to be a member of that fleet to purchase fleet ships.
    Did not know about this, I'll check it out.

Thx to everyone's replies.

I run a fleet fed side. If you send a message to @.K. I'll invite you.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited January 2014
    Actually, you need to be a member of that fleet to purchase fleet ships.

You do?

But weapons, consoles etc, are available through an invite only?

My apologies to mightymoose.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You do?

But weapons, consoles etc, are available through an invite only?

My apologies to mightymoose.

Correct. Ships require membership in the fleet. Everything else only needs the invitation. Not sure *why* the distinction, but well, there it is.

Since the OP isn't in a fleet (sounds that way anyway) he can ask to join one to buy his fleet ship, then leave when done. It'd be nice of him to try to contribute some dilithium to that fleet's provision projects since he'll be using their fleet provisions, but probably not a dealbreaker for most big fleets.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax