test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Return of removed content

skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
After I had to figure out, that Elachi Alert was removed (never playered because CC and Birds for marks), I'm asking my self if removed content will return. I startet Terradome a few days before removal with a team. Due to teammates having to leave I was never able to finish the mission.

Will removed missions return one day (limited time)?
Rerun of limited time missions (without rewards, f.e. 1-3 Year Anniversary Event)

The Missions should be still avaible in the revision control system. Therefore it should be no Problem to release a playable version (not bugless) of the missions.
Post edited by skk1701j on

Comments

• Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Did they ever give a reason why Elachi Alert was taken away?
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    Too much content ...they had to scale back!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As far as I know, a lot of missions that get removed aren't given a reason why. Some of them are given a "It wasn't supposed to be removed, we're looking into it." and then promptly swept under a rug.

I miss going into Terradome solo and 1v1ing fake Sulu. Though now with all the rep gear I have, it probably wouldn't be as much of a challenge.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Too much content ...they had to scale back!

Lol

Still waiting for the computer core fragments to be restored in the "Defense Contract" daily, which would then allow us to do the "Salvage Dispute" daily that can no longer be accessed..... :rolleyes:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Brandon said somewhere that the elachi alert was removed as it was only a temporary mission added for the S8 launch. Supposedly this was mentioned somewhere when it first started, but I never saw anything about it being temporary, hell was barely mentioned on the launch info.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's not lock-boxable nor can they put it in the lobi store so it's less than zero priority. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What about the DS9 fleet alerts?
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Terradome is supposed to return with a new take on it.

Rest is really unknown.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Terradome's going to come back in a little box stamped with "NERFED". Same happened to CC, which is quite disheartening.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Elachi alert in my opinion was a rather uninteresting mission, played it like once, never did again. We already have queues stretched a bit thin as it is, we need more missions that are actually interesting rather than something that looks like it was done in an afternoon in the foundry. Missions like the breach set a new standard (although the rewards still pale to the borg STF's sadly).
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I remember seeing an "RP" post from Brandon along the lines of "The Elachi have mysteriously stopped coming through the gateways. We'll let you know if they return." He went on to say (non-RP this time) that it was removed, and that he couldn't say why just yet.

So it sounds like there was some reason behind it. Maybe story-related or something.
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    What about the DS9 fleet alerts?

I was gonna mention those :)

I remember them being awesome.
  • Options
    exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would love to see the old Doomsday Machine mission again, fighting it with your own ship, even just as a bonus hidden at the bottom of the mission replay options

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Rest is really unknown.

Unfortunately, it will be a queued version where ground and space are seperated, and any form of story is lost.

We'll warp in fight parts 1&3 for space, and get our marks, and go back (if we go back) and do part 2 on the ground... of course they will make it easier, less enemies, less spawns, something that can be done... in 5 minutes.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unfortunately, it will be a queued version where ground and space are seperated, and any form of story is lost.

We'll warp in fight parts 1&3 for space, and get our marks, and go back (if we go back) and do part 2 on the ground... of course they will make it easier, less enemies, less spawns, something that can be done... in 5 minutes.

Oh I know. The last true raid will be gone for good then.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It is allowed that you may play the space portion of an STF back to back with the ground version still. Now it's just optional.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    exa12 wrote: »
    I would love to see the old Doomsday Machine mission again, fighting it with your own ship, even just as a bonus hidden at the bottom of the mission replay options

Actually, I'd like to see the Doomsday machine make an entrance in an event, akin to the crystalline entity.

It would make an awesome 10 person raid.
  • Options
    senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Rest is really unknown.

And so dies the last "true" STF. :(

Quite appalling really.
    They seriously need to put it back, as well as all the other original STF's, and attach nice and very "generous" Omega mark/dilithium rewards to them.
    Perhaps even some special accolades and cosmetics too.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    It is allowed that you may play the space portion of an STF back to back with the ground version still. Now it's just optional.

But now the STFs are just grinds, not close to their original quality. See this post:

I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »

Oh I know that... BUT it is disjointed. The space STF's as we know them today are combinations of the Begging and Ending battles from the original STF's... as such the stories are disjointed.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    john98837 wrote: »
    Brandon said somewhere that the elachi alert was removed as it was only a temporary mission added for the S8 launch. Supposedly this was mentioned somewhere when it first started, but I never saw anything about it being temporary, hell was barely mentioned on the launch info.

The was a thread asking what happened to it and this was, as far as I know, Brandon's last response on the matter.
    We're just as confused -- it seems like they just stopped trying to access the Gateways. Something just doesn't add up.

((OOC: It's removal is not a bug, but I can't share why it was removed just yet. You'll have to stay tuned to find out what happens with it*. *Plans subject to change. The Alert was added as part of the Sphere of Influence story, for the initial premiere period: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1019361.))

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Nowhere was it ever said that Elachi Alert was a limited time event. I'm guessing Cryptic hadn't decided yet on whether or not they were going to keep the event in the game and made a sudden decision to remove it for some reason. Even the link in Brandon's post doesn't mention it was a limited time event. Heck, I don't recall there even being a dev blog explaining how to do the mission. All I remember seeing was it mentioned in the patch notes the day it was released and that was pretty much it I think.

And when I say sudden decision I mean it. There wasn't even an announcement that it was being removed. We all logged in one day to find it gone and ^this is all they could tell us for the time being.

Edit: As I pointed out in that thread, usually they would advertise a limited time event and the event would give us some sort of reward for doing it so many days, like the Crystalline Cataclysm event having a special event project to complete.

All Elachi Alert gave us was was a choice of marks. It was released shortly before season 8 and initially only gave us a choice of fleet marks or romulan marks. Then after season 8 launched they added a choice of dyson marks.

My guess is maybe Cryptic had a sudden idea on how to improve the event, maybe make an elite version of it, and/or there were some major bugs with the event that had to be fixed right away and it was something that would take them a while to do.

I don't know but I look forward to more info on this. There's no denying the event was popular. I loved it but it was, in my opinion, a bit too easy, and sitting at a spot of the gate with the ships pressing the F key over and over to speed up progress so we could get the bonus before the timer ran out was pretty boring.
  • Options
    ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As far as I know, a lot of missions that get removed aren't given a reason why. Some of them are given a "It wasn't supposed to be removed, we're looking into it." and then promptly swept under a rug.

I miss going into Terradome solo and 1v1ing fake Sulu. Though now with all the rep gear I have, it probably wouldn't be as much of a challenge.

1v1 with sulu wasn't really difficult, it was dealing with the undine ships that spawned after that gave me problems. I never liked the mission itself because I'm not much for team play (hence why I don't pvp) and I really only used it to test different builds.
  • Options
    captainedwards09captainedwards09 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think they should add this in, or revamp it so that it's like Fleet Alert where you have a range of factions that are trying to take over the gateway, obviously limit it storyline wise if need be but this was a nice alternative for Dyson and Fleet marks, I never understood why they really pulled it, you would think the Elachi could be constantly trying to take it over?
  • Options
    mercuriciodidemercuriciodide Member Posts: 342
    edited February 2014
    Is Fluidic space still gone?

I liked Elachi more than Azure and Vault Ensnared for building Rom marks.
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I really think removing content is WRONG.
    We need more not less!
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iceeaglex wrote: »
    Did they ever give a reason why Elachi Alert was taken away?

It was removed because it was only a temporary mission to go side by side with the launch of Sphere of Influence.

It wasn't clearly stated that it was only a temporary mission though.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Is Fluidic space still gone?

I liked Elachi more than Azure and Vault Ensnared for building Rom marks.

For Rom Marks do the daily Tau Dewa sector patrol you get 60 or sometimes 75 marks a day for completing.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I remember seeing an "RP" post from Brandon along the lines of "The Elachi have mysteriously stopped coming through the gateways. We'll let you know if they return." He went on to say (non-RP this time) that it was removed, and that he couldn't say why just yet.

So it sounds like there was some reason behind it. Maybe story-related or something.

It was removed as it was only a temporary mission with the launch of Sphere of Influence.
  • Options
    mercuriciodidemercuriciodide Member Posts: 342
    edited February 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    For Rom Marks do the daily Tau Dewa sector patrol you get 60 or sometimes 75 marks a day for completing.
    My point is that content that was retained is less fun than content that was removed. Those Tau Dewa missions are not in the PvE queue so they're not a direct substitute.

Azure would be better with some changes. But, I enjoyed playing Elachi, despite the flashing of the portal material.
    eazzie wrote:
    It was removed as it was only a temporary mission with the launch of Sphere of Influence.
    I don't think it's particularly wise to remove content that players enjoy when it's not radically different from other content. Something like the Winter Wonderland is different enough to justify restricting it. But Elachi was similar to other space PvE. Removing it seems arbitrary and backward.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thing is, we have too many events to play. The way we queue means that people cluster around one or events.

What we need is more grouping of events.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.