test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ha'Nom Fitting Help a Returning player

cruisin1500cruisin1500 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Hey guys, I just returned to the game and have levelled a romulan science officer and I am using the Ha'Nom.

Really need advice, as I have never flown a science ship.

Here's what I've got basically for offensive BO powers:

GW 3, CPB2,

I really am not sure what type of weapons, engines or shields I should use or what is the best set bonus.

I am currently looking to be able to survive voth groups in the contested zone if I am by myself.

thanks!
Post edited by cruisin1500 on

Comments

• Options
    cepholapoidcepholapoid Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When in doubt, use the assimilated set with an elite fleet shield. The dyson might do well against voth as well. As for boff abilities grav well III is amazing when specced for correctly. Charged particle burst on the other hand is really only good for decloaking or shield stripping, I would probably replace it with tractor beam repulsers, feedback pulse or even a extra grav well.
    cI5XEZr.jpg
  • Options
    cruisin1500cruisin1500 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi, what weapons would you recommend on fore/aft? Beam arrays or beam banks?
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dual beam banks in the front with turrets in back works well as does going with all beam arrays. I preferred using dual beam banks.

For BOFF skills
    TT, APB
    FAW
    EP2S, AUX2SIF
    PH, TSS, TR
    TB, HE, TBR, GW3

I ran something like this for a while. TBR might help you with the swarmers, I haven't tried that though because my sci rommy hasn't been to the sphere yet. I recommend 6 levels in both particle generators and graviton generators for GW, TB, and TBR
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also the adapted MACO deflector boosts some sci skills. Running with the adapted deflector and engines with a fleet resilient shield has worked well for me. The nukara deflector and engines boost shields.

Honestly I would not worry about set bonuses unless you want the borg console and cutting beam, the obelisk warp core and omni beam, or the rommy console and experimental beam. Not all three at once of course :)
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    vashfan17vashfan17 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm running mine as a torp boat.
    t/p/o T'Valix (Male Rom-Fed Science in Federation Assassins)
    t/p/o Kontovar (Male Lethean Engineer in Imperial Assassins)
    t/p/o Mira (Female Rom-KDF Tactical)
    t/p/o Kreela (Female Ferengi Science in United Solar Legion)
    t/p/o Star-Astra (Female Alien-Fed Tactical)