test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Netflix Ratings (Let's Compare the Series)

kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Ten Forward
So, I thought it might be fun to make a list based on Netflix numbers and scores according to Netflix.com. I'm not sure if these stats are device-wide or just from the website. I also have no idea what percentage of Netflix watchers rate the shows that they watch, although there is incentive to do so. There may have also been a lag between when each Trek show appeared on Netflix. I'm pretty sure VOY and ENT are the most recent additions.

But for what it is worth:

Most reviewed (so probably most watched):

TNG: 2.4 million ratings, 3.8/5.0 stars
TOS: 1.5 million ratings, 3.9/5.0 stars
VOY: 1.2 million ratings, 3.9/5.0 stars
DS9: 852,000 ratings, 3.9 stars
ENT: 847,000 ratings, 3.9 stars
TAS: 80,000 ratings, 3.7 stars

Anything surprising here? For reference, my device says Doctor Who (2005-2011) is one of Netflix's most popular shows. Its stats are:

2.6 million ratings, with a score of 4.3.

Other comparisons:

New BSG: 2.5 million, with a score of 4.
Farscape: 890,000, with a score of 4.
Sliders: 628,500, with a score of 3.8.

Of course, I think most of those shows have been on Netflix far longer than Star Trek, which may make comparing the number of ratings unfair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kirksplat on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For the amount of flak that Voyager gets, it is surprising that it did better than DS9. It is surprising that DS9 is tied with Enterprise. Therefore, people's opinions don't mean a thing in determining which show is more popular or not as long as it is not the top spot.

Thought Sliders would do better due to the nostalgia factor.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ignoring TAS as i never count that, all the shows get 3.8 or 3.9. its closest competition is at a point above. Dr.who is several points above but its still minor increase. for the sake of argument they are basically all getting 4/5 stars.

probably a fair reflection. Each series is great in its own right and has its fans, while none of them are flawless and very few shows will get close to a perfect 5 from such a wider range of reviews.

Bit surprised TOS scores as high as it did as i think new audiences would be put off by how dated it is now, and pleasantly surprised that people like ent which often gets panned. little surprised that a gem like DS9 is not being watched as much as it should but there could be any number of reasons.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Bit surprised TOS scores as high as it did as i think new audiences would be put off by how dated it is now,

Last time I watched TOS on Netflix, it was the remastered ones, with new CGI. I wonder if that makes up for how dated it is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The reason TNG is so much higher then the others could be because its the only one we get in Canada!