test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Using other peoples' fleet stores?

the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Academy
To my understanding, you're just invited to someones fleet owned map. Do you need to leave the fleet you're in, or can you be in a fleet? How do you go about requesting access to one? (I'm not looking for access right now) Thanks!
Post edited by the7thof9 on

Comments

• captcokecancaptcokecan Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the7thof9 wrote: »
    To my understanding, you're just invited to someones fleet owned map. Do you need to leave the fleet you're in, or can you be in a fleet? How do you go about requesting access to one? (I'm not looking for access right now) Thanks!

Any provisioned equipment except ships currently are available if you get an invite to a fleet starbase that has said equipment purchases unlocked. You don't need to leave the fleet to get it.

However your own fleet must have run some provisioning missions in order for provisions to be available, and you need to be able to buy from your own fleet (appropriate fleet permission) in order to do so.

Requesting access to one? I believe there is a public service chat channel for that. NoP Public Service maybe? I forget.
    Hey I just vaped you, and this is crazy;
    But here's my frequency, so hail me maybe?
  • the7thof9the7thof9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Are the invitations only good one time or ca I go whenever I want. I do have access to my own fleets provisions, even though we're very new and don't even have a starbase yet. Would I still be able to use other fleets' stores?
    edited December 2013
    the7thof9 wrote: »
    Are the invitations only good one time or ca I go whenever I want. I do have access to my own fleets provisions, even though we're very new and don't even have a starbase yet. Would I still be able to use other fleets' stores?

You have access, but without a minimum T1 Starbase, you will have no Provisions in order to buy the items from a fleet who invited you.

And the invitation is a one-time deal only. Further purchases require further invites.
  • generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any provisioned equipment except ships currently are available if you get an invite to a fleet starbase that has said equipment purchases unlocked. You don't need to leave the fleet to get it.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that specific proviso. So for instance, if I want a Fleet Negh'var, I have to be in a fleet with a T4 shipyard, no exceptions, is that the deal?

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
    edited December 2013
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that specific proviso. So for instance, if I want a Fleet Negh'var, I have to be in a fleet with a T4 shipyard, no exceptions, is that the deal?

Gen

You are correct, you will need to leave your current fleet and join a fleet who is willing to grant you that purchase, or work your fleet's Shipyard up to T4.