test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF Prisoners not dropping. Bug or nerf?

captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
In the last few weeks, I've noticed a massive drop in the number of prisoners I've been getting from marauding assignments. Where before I'd often get one, perhaps two from a success and 4 or 5 on a crit (depending on the assignment of course), I now seem to be getting none at all on a success and at most two on a crit.
I've noticed this on all of my 4 kdf toons (3 kdf and one kdf rom).

None of my friends or fleet mates do much in the way of the KDF, so I must ask. Is this a bug I've been hit with, or is this another nerf?

A nerf would make sense, as it would help cut down on the amount of dil available in game...
I need a beer.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm going with: the RNG hates you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm going with: the RNG hates you.

Sure as hell feels like it! :D
    It's probably just me then.
    It's very strange nonetheless. More than a few times this last week I've had crits give me nothing at all in terms of prisoners. The fact that it was happening every single time on all my kdf toons rather than just the one made me think it was a nerf.

Oh well. Thanks.

EDIT

I forgot to note. It seems that "Strike at fugitive support network" isn't dropping prisoners anymore, success or crit.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Strike gives prisoners only on crit. If you're not getting any, you're imagining things, I just collected a bunch just now. If you're somehow short on ordinary prisoners, feel free to leave your @name and I'll send you some of mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Strike gives prisoners only on crit. If you're not getting any, you're imagining things, I just collected a bunch just now.

From my experience, I have to disagree with you. I used to get one or two white prisoners on a success from time to time, with a crit giving up to 5 whites as well as the dominion fugitive (blue or purp). But recently, it's just stopped dropping any prisoners at all, even the dominion fugitive regardless of the outcome of the assignment. This was the case on both sides of the KDF/Fed divide.

As for the kdf marauding assignments, it may be that there was a change of some sort and the RNG just hates me. My latest batch of assignments (6 per toon, all critted) had some rather odd results. Some assignments gave me no prisoners on a crit (Unauthorized raid on illegal human colony) which normally would be expected to give prisoners (often 5 on a crit in the past) while others gave me 5 prisoners (disable tellarite freighter) even though they never gave that many in the past.
    A wee bit strange, given the trends I noticed in the past with these assignments.

Is it possible that the assignments have had some changes to make them a little more random in the rewards?

Btw comrade, thank you for the reply but "i havent had that problem therefore it doesnt even exist" is a case of "confirmation bias" iirc. I certainly wish I was imagining this.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Given that we have not had a patch at all, no, it isn't possible for it to have been changed. It IS, however, possible that you're misreading the rewards: The mission reward box tends to print erroneous data if you look at multiple missions, and thus contains incorrect information about what you actually received.

Besides, let's be serious: Why would they take our PRISONERS?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If there is any change at all (and I just got a blue 'Strike' prisoner yesterday) then I expect it is an unintended change caused by something else. That seems to happen a lot in Cryptic's codebase...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Given that we have not had a patch at all, no, it isn't possible for it to have been changed. It IS, however, possible that you're misreading the rewards: The mission reward box tends to print erroneous data if you look at multiple missions, and thus contains incorrect information about what you actually received.

Not a bad idea and it is possible, but I double check. Also, having an empty brig after a batch of marauding assignments is a bit of a give away.
    Besides, let's be serious: Why would they take our PRISONERS?

To cut down on the amount of dilithium flowing through the market perhaps? Force more zen purchases?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013

4 KDF toons

27 prisoners

Read thread

????
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited December 2013

4 KDF toons

27 prisoners

Read thread

????

So you're point is.... "It hasn't happened for me, therefore it cannot be true". :cool:
    I need a beer.

• Options
    tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lots of prisoners my way aswell.

So I'd like to make the same point as above, thank you :D