test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about the Protonic Arsenal

hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Academy
Or particularly just one part. Does the Experimental Proton Weapon support Target Subsystem Skills? Can I use it to deliver a Science Ship's subsystem targeting?
Post edited by hasukurobi on

Comments

• hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No one knows?
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is build as a cannon/beam weapon. It should but I couldn't say for sure. Crf and subsystem target would be kinda interesting if it works like that
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't believe so, based on the way its other kill compatibilities work - they're stated explicitly and are affected by other parts of the set. Its description says it's only compatible with beam overload and scatter volley. Set bonuses add fire at will and rapid fire. No mention anywhere of subsystem targeting.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    I don't believe so, based on the way its other kill compatibilities work - they're stated explicitly and are affected by other parts of the set. Its description says it's only compatible with beam overload and scatter volley. Set bonuses add fire at will and rapid fire. No mention anywhere of subsystem targeting.

Unfortunately, it's a real shame Cryptic hasn't added subsystem targeting to the three piece bonus. While they are at it, a 360 degree firing arc would also serve the proton weapon well.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately, it's a real shame Cryptic hasn't added subsystem targeting to the three piece bonus. While they are at it, a 360 degree firing arc would also serve the proton weapon well.

And to be rear mountable seems how its damage will never be high thanks to the lack of upgrade consoles.