test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Photonic Countermeasures defense?

nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
Is there one? Polarise hull does not seem to work. Does anyone know what starship skill provides a defense or resistance against it?
Post edited by nathrael on

Comments

• kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Remind me what photonic countermeasures is... Or what exactly it is you're trying to defend against...
    The wiki doesn't have anything on "photonic countermeasures".
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's an effect Voth Pallisades generate. Causes you to arc electrical discharges, freezes you so you cannot turn. I thought Polarise Hull would help the maneuver debuff but it does not. Checked my ship's display and there was a marker called "Photonic Countermeasures"

As far as I can tell no description of it exists.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think he means the Photonic Fleet - which was nerfed a while back.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know about defence against it but I'm 70% sure science team clears the after effect. (Might have been engineering team)
  • nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks! I wonder if Hazard Emitters would clear it up?
    edited December 2013
    nathrael wrote: »
    It's an effect Voth Pallisades generate. Causes you to arc electrical discharges, freezes you so you cannot turn. I thought Polarise Hull would help the maneuver debuff but it does not. Checked my ship's display and there was a marker called "Photonic Countermeasures"

Well that explains that, from what I can tell the people that update the wiki are still working on the voth stuff. As for how to help you, try using attack pattern omega, engineering team, or science team. Use them separately to test out which one works to clear it.
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nathrael wrote: »

ah so it is an actual effect, sry I am not familiar with the new systems from the latest Lock Box ship.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited December 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    ah so it is an actual effect, sry I am not familiar with the new systems from the latest Lock Box ship.

I think he means the NPC.
  • asraschaalasraschaal Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Science Team does remove it.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I found part of the effect is an engine offline effect, eng team covers that aspect.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sci Team does seem to clear it, but if all you care about is being able to move, the engine off-line part can be easily taken care of with an engy team, an Engine battery, an E-cap, or EPTE without much fuss.

Speccing into Subsystem Repair will also mostly negate it.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.