test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just hit 18 - did not get doff awarded

thorlin325thorlin325 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Academy
Hello, first time posting here. Have just recently got back into the game after a long hiatus. I just hit level 18 tonight, and according to the game, at 18 a Duty Officer was supposed to be awarded to me.

I do not see one in my Duty Officer management pages, nor did I get a mission that involves a duty officer.

Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Post edited by thorlin325 on

Comments

• verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did you get a box in your inventory as that's where they normally turn up
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=964711 I filed a bug report on this.

What is suppose to happen is that you are suppose to get a mission automatically when you reach that level. Then you just need to hail the mission to turn it in and claim the reward and the item is placed in your inventory. This didn't happen to me. At level 22 I still didn't get my level 18 doff reward and managed to get my character all the way to level 30 and still nothing.

At level 23 I did receive a mission that gave me a box that, once opened, gave me 3 duty officers, as it is suppose to be since the level up rewards shows level 23 to be your next free doffs after level 18, but still didn't receive the level 18 reward, even after reaching level 30.

(Also, I did have a new trait slot unlocked at level 10, but didn't receive the message for it until level 12)
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    check your overflow bag...might be there....also check your available missions tab...might be there

never had it not reward the doff pack yet....just must (sometimes) look around for it
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
    edited December 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    check your overflow bag...might be there....also check your available missions tab...might be there

never had it not reward the doff pack yet....just must (sometimes) look around for it

Nothing in my overflow bag and, as I said before, I didn't get the mission automatically at all. That is how it works: you get the mission then hail it and claim the reward.
    edited December 2013
    Fed side?? check Ferra....kdf....check that guy at kdf acadamy
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know it sucks to not get something you were supposed to, but if it is any consolation, you aren't missing any super rare reward you will never see again and will cripple you at endgame so you should just re-roll...

Luckily, it is just a run of the mill low level doff at best, so if you for some reason never find it or they took it out or its bugged or or or... At least it is a trivial reward. I can't remember what you get each level, but other then maybe the new federation tutorial boff you don't get anything irreplaceable while leveling.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
    edited December 2013
    Go check Ferra Fed side and KDF academy guy....somtmes they will have the mission...,,or you could try the update missions from them...it can/has cleared for me...also check your available missions...sometimes it gets stuck
    edited December 2013
    My character is Federation Liberated Borg female. Like I said in the bug report I linked earlier in this thread: I went to starfleet academy and checked with Lt. Ferra. He had nothing for me. The mission for the doff reward wasn't in the Available tab either. The mission is suppose to be given to you automatically.

The only thing Lt. Ferra (and the KDF equivalent) can update is your commendation experience. That's only useful if for some reason your CXP isn't registering properly.

I just leveled up to 31. The rewards shows I get more duty officers.

I did receive the mission automatically and here is what it's suppose to look like:

The mission you get automatically fvri.jpg
    And the item you receive 7h16.jpg

How hard is it to understand that the mission and doff pack rewarded at level 18 just doesn't exist? Sure to you it may seem "big deal it's only a few worthless doffs", but to me it's more of a "I'm flat broke in EC and need all the doffs I can get for this new character".

I'm not going to reroll the character to see if it was just a glitch. I spent the last of my lobi on a Voth Antiproton Shocktrooper Cannon so I had a good weapon that scales with character level.

It's the principal of the matter. As I have said and said, the same exact thing happened to romulans and KDF when LoR launched, and it wasn't just 1 or 2 free doff level up rewards missing for them either, it was also at least 1 bridge officer reward. (So far I have received all boff candidate rewards while leveling up, so at least it isn't totally bugged)

Edit: I did do all of the free doff assignments at the academy (3 cultural exchanges and 4 department specific from personnel officer), but my fleet needs lots of doffs for projects, and since I had a bunch of white ones.....

I really wish when talking to the 3 cultural exchange NPCs and personnel officer, it would show the cooldown before you can do the assignments again to get free doffs. It takes 1 day for the cultural exchange assignments to complete and 2 days for the department specific assignments. And I think the cooldown before you can do the assignments again is something like 48 hours and I think that is after the assignments complete.