test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What affects the Economy.

2»

Comments

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    B) There is an excess of dilithium due to an in game event or exploit, which again Cryptic would see by monitoring the rate of dilithium being generated per player, not from the Exchange

B is backwards. If the supply of Zen and the demand for both Zen and dilithium are held constant, then when a large supply of Dilithium is made available, the exchange rate goes up.

^^This..

Have a nice Christmas all.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    Well, for which reasons do you want to get zen?

a) Get stuff

What if you have all the stuff or don't need new things?

b) To get large amounts of refined dil.
    You missed a third reason, c) To get large amounts of Zen. You need moar Zens. Just because there's nothing in the C-Store that I want and don't already have is no reason to stop getting moar Zens. YOU NEED MOAR ZENS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    B is backwards. If the supply of Zen and the demand for both Zen and dilithium are held constant, then when a large supply of Dilithium is made available, the exchange rate goes up.

You're right, I had that flipped. It should have mentioned the introduction of a dilithium sink like a fleet holding or new rep, not an event that dumps dil into the economy.
    stoutes wrote: »
    ^^This..

Have a nice Christmas all.

Oh, hooray for you. I guess you can sleep well tonight having won the entire Internet :rolleyes:
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh, hooray for you. I guess you can sleep well tonight having won the entire Internet :rolleyes:

*shrugs* And yes, I slept well, thank you.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.