Options

Afk rampage!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Still a lame excuse, no matter how many hundreds of variations on the theme are attempted. If "something happens," you can take the two seconds to log off first.

You can, but in a real emergency who would be selfish enough to take the time to do that?

And If it's not and only gonna be for a second then, why bother? You are coming back to it anyway.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We had the kick command in private teams since the beginning and never seen people complain about that being abused. And they expect people would abuse it in public queues? The only way that will happen is if the entire team ganged up on one innocent player, which is doubtful.
    Actually, I saw it happen all the time on a previous MMO that had a kick feature. Sadly, some folks apparently find it funny to get a fifth person for their foursome, play thru the entire thing, then kick the guy right before the rewards are handed out. Generally accompanied by lots of abusive /tells.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Funny story:

You know, I've started taking note of the fleet a few of these players belong to.

In some cases, I was able to pm some of their fleetmates when I would see them in the game later on and let em know what happened.

More and more players belong to fleets now a days. Take note if some of these AFKers do. Track down the fleet they belong to.

Still, I've been lucky enough with STFs and haven't noticed it yet on the Breach... BUT
    What I have noticed is a ****storm load of players leaving the fleet alert missions before the boss ship's wave comes in, to avoid the cd.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Little tangent: how long does it take to get flagged as afk? The other might I was in a CC run, I hear my kid cry in the next room. I get up, poke my head in, see it's one of those "I cried once in my sleep, rolled over, I'm all good now" sort of affairs, go back to my PC. I had to have been gone like, tops, one minute, I return to a countdown timer, vainly try and stab a key, no luck, boom, I get shown the figurative door.

Kind of a "quick hook," no?

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)