test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Selling Bridge Officer Candidates - for how much?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Academy
Ok, I've got a boatload of bridge officer candidates clogging up my inventory so its time to sell some. I have my space Boffs pretty decked out and I know which Boff Candidates I want to save for my eventual recrafted ground crew (and some replacements for my space crew if it isnt the same folks.)

So I have identified which ones are to go. Looking in the exchange I can see quite a variation in price but its not entirely explained by their skills. I know many of the skills, especially those my faction uses, but not all of them.

Is there any rule of thumb I can use to price my Boff Candidates or do I just take a stab at the species' prices and see what the market brings? I'd really rather not spend a year selling 'em trying to find the "right price".

Advice?
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There's several factors here.

One of the main factors are traits. Boffs that have certain desirable traits will always sell for more than ones that don't. These days Romulan boffs with Superior Operative sell for like 10+ mil. Back in the day, Saurians with Efficient sold for a ton. Usually space traits are more desirable than ground traits. Boffs have all kinds of ground traits, but space traits can be rare.

The other one is skills. Some skills can't be trained. Example would be Transfer Shield Strength 3. That one only comes from boff skills. Boffs with skills like that will sell for a whole lot more.

Basically look for what traits and skills your boff has and then look for those on the exchange to see what they're going for. You can use the wiki to see which skills can and trained and which ones only come from boffs. You can make a good pile of cash from boffs once you know what to look for.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    <replied with a follow-up question then answered my own question>
  • cocobaleadascocobaleadas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Recently sold a KDF aligned Romulan Engineer BOFF purple with Superior Operative and another Superior Ground Trait, also had the vr RSP 3 skill. So first I filtered for purple romulan engineer, then browsed for the superior traits and alignment, later searched the trait, finally got to find another one same BOFF offered for 20M EC... wow, jackpot! hehe, posted it at same price expecting to get it back on my mailbox, but it actually sold about 2 days later... xD
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    First, if Saurian, see if they have the Efficient trait. If so, they are worth alot more than ones w/o it. Any Boff with Efficient is desired. (KDF seem to have be overflowing with them so not a expensive as for Fed.)

Then look at what level 3 powers they have. Things like Beam Overload 3 and Cannon Scatter 3 are worth more than Mine Dispersal Beta 3, for example.

After that, search the exchange for what the current rate is. If you have a boff w/ nothing special then just post under the low guy. If you have an Efficient Saurian, you might have to look at a few pages to see where the lowest priced Efficient Saurian is, then under-cut that price, obviously.

Sadly, most Rare and lower boffs are so dirt cheap, I just discard them instead of wasting my time trying to make 200 EC. And if you've not reached your mail attachment limit you can always store a few there if your waiting room is filled.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.