Install Arc
Options

So, this looks interesting

galanis2814galanis2814 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
http://i.imgur.com/6OGUMen.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xB9veyZ.jpg

Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser.

Console - Universal - Ward Repair Ship

Voth Cloak Technologies 3 set bonus? Voth Battle Cloak.

So, what do we think, could something this ridiculous be the Tier 5 Dyson reward? Destined for the Lobi Store?
Post edited by galanis2814 on

Comments

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice. Guess this is Tribble? If they have updated the details maybe the tier 5 reward is live with the Thursday patch? I hit it Friday so would be very handy for me.

That's is one hell of a reward if it is the tier 5 unlock. Not sure I'm getting my hopes up that much. Maybe it just unlocks the lobi store version to buy?
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Riiiiiight.... Because cryptic makes a totally OP faction and then decides to give all the OP nonsense to the players. Great going, Cryptic! </sarcasm>

and just for emphasis

</massive_sarcasm>
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I saw this when I logged on to tribble to see if the Voth Fighters performed any better and noticed that my console set was no longer "complete".
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just hope the Bulwark is not the Dyson Tier 5 reward. Bad enough to have endgame relevant lockbox stuff, no need to expand this idea to 2/3 lockboxed endgame/rep rewards.
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    http://i.imgur.com/6OGUMen.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xB9veyZ.jpg

Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser.

Console - Universal - Ward Repair Ship

Voth Cloak Technologies 3 set bonus? Voth Battle Cloak.

So, what do we think, could something this ridiculous be the Tier 5 Dyson reward? Destined for the Lobi Store?

Wow man, nice find, thats just awesome. Allready got the 2 ships, so looking ahead to get the 3rd. That voth battle cloak would be badass. And it was kinda disaspointing not be one, since voth npc frigates battle cloak all the time. Hope it passes all the whines and comes to holodeck.

I doubt it that is the T5 dyson rep reward tho. More likely its gonna be a lockbox ship or another lobi store ship, probably will come with the opening of the other voth space zone, cant remember now how its called exactly.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Could also be a super expensive project at tier 5.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mosul33 wrote: »
    I doubt it that is the T5 dyson rep reward tho. More likely its gonna be a lockbox ship or another lobi store ship, probably will come with the opening of the other voth space zone, cant remember now how its called exactly.

Doubt it will be through the Lobi Store or another lockbox. A Tier 5 Reputation would make sense to get the Dreadnought Cruiser, but it seems like the Ward Repair Ship console doesn't fit the Dreadnought Cruiser that well. The Reflective Shield Amplifier console seems to fit it more.

The missing Voth Space Zone is called the Voth Zone.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I can see it being like this: Nelen hijacks a Bulwark to escape from the Voth Zone with other free-thinking Voth. The ship is heavily damaged before it can make it back to Allied space. You get Nelen as a BOFF and a rep project to rebuild the stolen Bulwark.
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    With this, the Mighty KDF is no longer unique. All hail the "Red Color Tones Federation"!

GG CRYPTIC GG
  • Options
    paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Guess I am missing it, what about this specifically makes the KDF less unique ?!
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    His on about the cloak i think but the vorth cloak gives no dmg boost like kdf/rom do
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    With this, the Mighty KDF is no longer unique. All hail the "Red Color Tones Federation"!

GG CRYPTIC GG

It's a dreadnought cruiser, which means the ship will probably handle something like a Galaxy-X. Battle Cloak is a non-issue, Romulan ships already have battle cloak. I'm of the opinion that Cryptic should just give all KDF ships battle cloak while also allowing the Federation to cloak via a Battle Cloak device slotted item.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    His on about the cloak i think but the vorth cloak gives no dmg boost like kdf/rom do

And as you have also just indicated, the Roms have it anyway so it was already not making KDF unique.
  • Options
    jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser also has at least one hanger bay.

screenshot_2013-12-18-17-44-17.jpg

She's compatible with the Voth heavy fighters. /wants
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Voth Bulwark Dreadnought Cruiser also has at least one hanger bay.

screenshot_2013-12-18-17-44-17.jpg

She's compatible with the Voth heavy fighters. /wants

If that is true, I suspect the Federation Galaxy-X Dreadnought will also receive a hangar in the near future. That would explain the reason Cryptic intentionally left two cruiser commands off of the Galaxy-X.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    *facepalm* at Cryptic's greed. It is truly astonishing.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    macronius wrote: »

And why is it greedy?
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And why is it greedy?

Indeed, where's the 'greed' factor in this case?

Besides, we're GUESSING. There's no guarantee that we are going to be right. Yes we've happened across a possible look-see at a new Voth ship, but what is to say that we will see this as part of the 'reward' for tier 5 Dyson rep?

None of it is a guarantee. Could all still totally be a 'work in progress' sort of situation. Just like the accidental Mogh leak. Sure it's Tribble that we are seeing this on, but it's still no guarantee.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Nice find indeed.

Hope this is the "secret" reward Bran talked about. Would be a really nice T5 end of rep reward imo, and one that everyone can get, wich would be nice indeed.

Nothing is sure thou, but I doucbt it's another Lobi/Lockbox ship, since it's usually 1 Lobi and 1 Lockbox ship. AFAIK, we have never seen 2 Lobi ships of the same faction, same goes for Lockbox ships...

Here's hoping it's the "secret" reward :)
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    I understand that you are always going to claim that Cryptic's being greedy, and that it's a given that you hate the company, but where is your proof that what you claim is actually happening?

In case you were unaware, Cryptic's not a non-profit company, so I don't have a problem with Cryptic looking for ways to generate revenue.
    otowi wrote: »
    Nice find indeed.

Hope this is the "secret" reward Bran talked about. Would be a really nice T5 end of rep reward imo, and one that everyone can get, wich would be nice indeed.

Nothing is sure thou, but I doucbt it's another Lobi/Lockbox ship, since it's usually 1 Lobi and 1 Lockbox ship. AFAIK, we have never seen 2 Lobi ships of the same faction, same goes for Lockbox ships...

Here's hoping it's the "secret" reward :)
    Well, we'll find out later today what the secret reward is going to be.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.