test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet equipment vs Sets/reputation

immudzenimmudzen Member Posts: 145 Arc User
I keep seeing in various threads about how elite fleet stuff is better than the reputation stuff or set stuff. How accurate is that? Should I really just be using fleet shields, warp core, weapons, consoles etc instead of the set stuff from the reputation work?

I am using an Avenger right now but this is more of a general question. If you have the fleet stuff available should you really use anything else?
Post edited by immudzen on

Comments

• Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Most fleet stuff is good. Advanced weapons and Elite[Adaptive] shields, Elite cores, and Elite pets absolutely rock hands down, and the consoles from the various holdings are power creep incarnate. However, some of the Rep weapons (like Romulan Plasma) and weapon sets can be absolutely nasty when handled properly. Moreover, Fleet engines and deflectors aren't as good in most circumstances (not all, but most), particularly when you add in the passive bonuses the Rep stuff can give you. Plus if you aren't in a fleet and don't want to deal with the headaches of politics and provisioning, Rep stuff is readily accessible and lets you just grab your own stuff and go. Both sources are handy, and I wouldn't discard either one.
  • Options
    macwilliam1975macwilliam1975 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I use a mix of both normally. Fleet consoles + warp core and rep space gear, consoles, and torps... finally fleet weapons.
    screenshot_2014-11-17-20-57-54a1a1a.jpg