test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Brian Griffin Lives!!

collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Ten Forward
Through various methods of time travel and timeline erasures, Brian Griffin has been brought back from the dead by Family Guy.

Called it! :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
Post edited by collegepark2151 on

Comments

• Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Not the first time MacFarlane's pulled something like this, and it won't be the last... The guy thinks he's being slick to yank his audience, but he's as obvious as a Pride Rally and hasn't got the stones to actually kill off his mouthpiece ;)
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    During the episode, my wife was talking about how she'd almost rather just stop watching the show with the new dog, and my answer was, "No, MacFarlane will never kill off his personal avatar for good. By the end of the season Stewie will rebuild his time machine. Or they'll do a cutaway gag and Superboy will punch the universe, then when it cuts back to the living room, the new dog will be gone and Brian will be sitting there next to Robin and nobody will ever mention it - oh, look they're doing it this episode, see? There's another Stewie who still has the time machine. Told you."

If he wanted to make the ruse more convincing he should have:

A. Not announced episode titles revolving around Brian right before killing him.
    B. Not announced the actress chosen to play Brian's new girlfriend starting next season
    C. Not continued to list the new dog's actor as a guest star in every appearance
    D. Killed Meg instead.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I yawn in Seth MacFarlane's general direction.

Things like this (and the Cleveland Show) make me wish Family Guy had stayed cancelled.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    I yawn in Seth MacFarlane's general direction.

Things like this (and the Cleveland Show) make me wish Family Guy had stayed cancelled.

Snap...

Ten characters...
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    During the episode, my wife was talking about how she'd almost rather just stop watching the show with the new dog, and my answer was, "No, MacFarlane will never kill off his personal avatar for good. By the end of the season Stewie will rebuild his time machine. Or they'll do a cutaway gag and Superboy will punch the universe, then when it cuts back to the living room, the new dog will be gone and Brian will be sitting there next to Robin and nobody will ever mention it - oh, look they're doing it this episode, see? There's another Stewie who still has the time machine. Told you."

If he wanted to make the ruse more convincing he should have:

A. Not announced episode titles revolving around Brian right before killing him.
    B. Not announced the actress chosen to play Brian's new girlfriend starting next season
    C. Not continued to list the new dog's actor as a guest star in every appearance
    D. Killed Meg instead.
    About D.... he's killed Meg too many times already. Most of them she just mysteriously shows up the next episode with no explanation.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    New Brian was as popular as New Coke, and created for the same reason, so more people will tune in to see whats going on so that advertising space can be sold for more money. They always intended to reinstate Classic Brian. It was a demonstration of their power over the audience. The Sheeple Obeyed, and lots of money was generated.
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    New Brian was as popular as New Coke, and created for the same reason, so more people will tune in to see whats going on so that advertising space can be sold for more money. They always intended to reinstate Classic Brian. It was a demonstration of their power over the audience. The Sheeple Obeyed, and lots of money was generated.

I do agree it was a gimmick to generate buzz. That was why I didn't think Brian would stay dead very long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.