test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Latest greatest news; a new chat channel for Foundry Authors

stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
Goodday fellow authors,

The Foundry is finally back online after the S8 launch. It has brought us much fixes, bugs and grinds. Nonetheless it would hopefully bring new features (not bugs, features!) as well in the Foundry.

While I was working on my missions I felt that there was "something" missing... Who could I PM in-game when I get a foundry question? Who are all those vet authors? Who had the same problem as I had? Well.. There's StarbaseUGC chat (great communitychat FYI), but what else?

Well... What are we missing? We have loads of in-game chat channels (Tyler Durden, OPVP, Trading, NOP PS, you get the picture) for all kind of things, except for the Foundry (as far as I know of).

That's why I've just launched a new public channel called "FoundryTalk". It's meant for Foundry authors alike. The new, the old and something blue.

You can join this channel by entering this command in your chat console:

/channel_join FoundryTalk

Hope to chat with you authors in-game!
Post edited by stoutes on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Anyone looking to get into the foundry should join this channel for any help they may need :).
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I joined, as soon as I saw this post.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm logging into the game just to join this channel.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    well, I joined. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    Goodday fellow authors,

The Foundry is finally back online after the S8 launch. It has brought us much fixes, bugs and grinds. Nonetheless it would hopefully bring new features (not bugs, features!) as well in the Foundry.

While I was working on my missions I felt that there was "something" missing... Who could I PM in-game when I get a foundry question? Who are all those vet authors? Who had the same problem as I had? Well.. There's StarbaseUGC chat (great communitychat FYI), but what else?

Well... What are we missing? We have loads of in-game chat channels (Tyler Durden, OPVP, Trading, NOP PS, you get the picture) for all kind of things, except for the Foundry (as far as I know of).

That's why I've just launched a new public channel called "FoundryTalk". It's meant for Foundry authors alike. The new, the old and something blue.

/join_channel FoundryTalk

Hope to chat with you authors in-game!

great idea! i only play and record so i won't be joining but it is a great idea!
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    I'll make sure to join as well. Its my hope that a chat window is one of the things they are porting over from Neverwinter. If so its good that we already have a channel!
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    well, i joined anyways it seems! i will probs use it to request missions to be played and recorded, i already made a to-do list!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    *Selfish mode activated* Play mine first :D.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    *Selfish mode activated* Play mine first :D.

damnit kitty! already told you i will play them in order :mad:
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    There are other foundry chat channels but the aren't very active at all. Hopefully a new channel will get some life. Would be nice if starbaseugc people would use it in addition to their website
  • Options
    borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    stoutes wrote: »

/join_channel FoundryTalk

Actually, it's /channel_join FoundryTalk :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    There are other foundry chat channels but the aren't very active at all. Hopefully a new channel will get some life. Would be nice if starbaseugc people would use it in addition to their website

We have a few starbase ugcers already.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    imadude3 wrote: »
    damnit kitty! already told you i will play them in order :mad:

*Grumpy cat face* Fine :P.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Believe me, as a frequent user of SBUGC chat, an in game chat where other authors are just chillin' is a very welcome addition. You'll see me for sure and I imagine more than a handful of the rest of popping in there.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Actually, it's /channel_join FoundryTalk :)
    How could I miss that! Hahaha -- Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    imadude3 wrote: »
    great idea! i only play and record so i won't be joining but it is a great idea!
    Awesome you joined! :D Don't forget to bring your skimpy clothes :cool: hehe
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Welcome!
    10chars.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll be joining when I get home. The devs promised a chat window in the foundry editor a while back. That would help as well.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll be joining when I get home. The devs promised a chat window in the foundry editor a while back. That would help as well.
    They promised a lot of stuff. It's still stickied. A few days ago it was the 3rd anniversary of those promises. Still waiting to see them.

As for the chat it's a good idea, but we still can't chat while building a mission, we have to test the map to see the channel. They could always add the chat panel like we have when using the tailor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    about a chat window in foundry, I noticed one time when i got Disconnected from the editor, that the chat window had seemingly been active behind the UI the entire time, whats up with that?
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    adverbero wrote: »
    about a chat window in foundry, I noticed one time when i got Disconnected from the editor, that the chat window had seemingly been active behind the UI the entire time, whats up with that?
    AFAIK, while working on the foundry, you are ingame, and the chat is working. You just can't see it until you test a map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yes, I've noticed that the timers on Nukara and Romulan tribbles will reset while editing. I can even hear the blipping noise that the game makes when someone sends me a PM.

OOH! If you just want to check chat, but without going to the time of doing a map load, use dialog preview. It's faster than a map load.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    yes, I've noticed that the timers on Nukara and Romulan tribbles will reset while editing. I can even hear the blipping noise that the game makes when someone sends me a PM.

OOH! If you just want to check chat, but without going to the time of doing a map load, use dialog preview. It's faster than a map load.

Didn't think about that. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    borrowedtuneborrowedtune Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just get Pidgin, guys. Alt+tab is way faster than preview. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Pidgin, good call! Downside is that you need to have a gold membership.. :( (bran, *hint*hint* hehe :D).

Anyhow, I just looked at the memberlist. We're already on 17 after 2 days and lots of smalltalk/discussions. Thank you all!

For the players who are in doubt; this channel is not only meant for authors, everyone who has a part in using the foundry (author, reviewer, rp'er or player who's looking for fun missions) or having questions about the foundry as a whole, is free to join.
  • Options
    waaagh951waaagh951 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    joined or atleast i hoep i joined the right chnnel. oh well i notice soon while i plan the fleet foundry mission.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yup, we're having a fun discussion already, good job!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The channel has been doing great. Make sure to tell your friends to join in too!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    If you need help or tips with the foundry. make sure to join foundry talk!