test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dip in the Dilithium exchange prices

vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
Is it just me, or is the price of dilithium actually going down since the release of the new KDF ship?

Thursday, the price for to buy 1 zen was 135. As of this time, it's down to 130. The ship is the only thing that I would see that would be making the price dip, as the prices didn't fluctuate when the spire was released as far as I know.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is it just me, or is the price of dilithium actually going down since the release of the new KDF ship?

Thursday, the price for to buy 1 zen was 135. As of this time, it's down to 130. The ship is the only thing that I would see that would be making the price dip, as the prices didn't fluctuate when the spire was released as far as I know.

ive seen the dil economy get as low as 1=105. it will drop eventually back to its usual trading number.

as for your example with the spire and ship. as with any shiny, people will grab at it when they can, but when the initial novelty has worn off the exchange rate returns to typical rates. it always will.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    At the start of 2013 it was as low as 1:77... Oh what was I happy then.
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Last year's winter event, saw it as low as 87-88 dil= 1 zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    At the start of 2013 it was as low as 1:77... Oh what was I happy then.

Ah yes, good times. I had about a million Dil saved up across six toons. Pretty much bought out the C-Store (ships and costumes) at that point.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So its the winter event that drops the price?

Because Romulan expansion made it rise.
    Season 8 made it rise.
    Spire holdings it stayed about the same.
    Avenger, and lock boxes made it rise/same.

So now the winter event is here, it has dropped.
    Is there something in the winter event that uses copious amounts of dil?
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well it may be that Zen is becoming less useful for some so the demand goes down. Hence lower dilithium prices.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    iceeaglex wrote: »
    So its the winter event that drops the price?

Because Romulan expansion made it rise.
    Season 8 made it rise.
    Spire holdings it stayed about the same.
    Avenger, and lock boxes made it rise/same.

So now the winter event is here, it has dropped.
    Is there something in the winter event that uses copious amounts of dil?

Dont think so, I think its just that the winter event eats up a lot of peoples playtime doing something that needs no zen/dil.

So, the dil/zen market stagnates, people undercut to get things moving and so on........
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The exchange rate also tends drop slightly on weekends and rise slightly around Wednesday. This fluctuation isn't much. Only about 1-3 points. But it's been doing this as long as I've been playing.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The release of the Spire didn't matter (cause there was nothing to spend dilithium on that point), but now people are getting to the point where they are unlocking the consoles at the spire, which does cost dilithium.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Furthermore, all the Spire projects cost dilithium. Yes, it got up to 1-140 before Season 8, when a number of fleets finished off their particular fleet holdings. Now that fleets are starting to work on T3 Spire holdings, it is only natural for dil to fall.

I'm loving it, as much as I'm loving my (fleet) Mogh purchased through in game dilithium.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Disappointing really. Was hoping the release of the Mogh would drive it up instead of down. Guess not enough interest. :(
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited December 2013
    Hands up those who remember 320-1
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013

That was back when CP got converted to Zen, and the market had yet to adjust itself.

But I still remember.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Please, hands up for those who were here when it was at least 450 hehehe :p.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I Love That Site!!!!!
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Every time there is a move of more than 5 in the price, someone starts one of these useless threads. The exchange rate goes up and down depending on demand. I've seen it way higher than it is now and much lower than it is now. Just keep playing, nothing to see here.
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Disappointing really. Was hoping the release of the Mogh would drive it up instead of down. Guess not enough interest. :(

I was watching the dil/Zen exchange out of curiosity off and on over the weekend. There was a reaction from the Mogh release - when I started watching Friday night you could see dilithium offers at 130, 131 and 132 dil/Zen shift up to the actual exchange point at 133 dil/Zen as people logged in for the evening US session. Ie, people were removing standing offers below the current exchange rate, and opting for the "give us the Zen now, precious" rate.

But, this push up didn't seem to matter. Dilithium was bought in size over the weekend, completely overwhelming the Mogh effect. For a while there it looked like the offer stack was going to get blown out all the way down to 125 dil/Zen, but apparently people thought better of it, and things stabilized.

I still wonder what happened to about 600,000 Zen worth of bids for dilithium that was there on Saturday night but not Sunday morning. A speculator getting cold feet at the sudden shift from 133 to 129, or did all those bids get filled?

Bidders were back this morning, though, and the exchange rate remains under pressure. Should it break through 128 dil/Zen, the next firm point of support for the value of Zen is still 125.

From Ferenginar, this is your morning Exchange Report, brought to you by Q Baked Goods - "Let's make a tasty treat, together!"
  • Options
    cerealplayercerealplayer Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's not a dip, it's a drop. And it's going to continue to drop. I would sell zen now, if you have any and want to sell anytime soon, because the price is going to continue to drop.

First off, there's ZEN offers, and sales. Second, there's the Spire T3 project that costs losts of Dil. Then, finally, there's the Spire Tac consoles, that everyone is going to want. OTOH, there's not much new to spend Zen on (except for a single ship for a tiny faction, going on sale at a time when people can get a free ship). Dil is up, ZEN is down.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Please, hands up for those who were here when it was at least 450 hehehe :p.
    yeah, that was back when people had nothing to spend their dil on. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    That was back when CP got converted to Zen, and the market had yet to adjust itself.

But I still remember.

Yes, I was still new at the time, thought I would never have enough time to grind dilithium for anything!
  • Options
    capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Caught it when it was 1:128 yesterday...that's the lowest I've seen it since I started playing 2-3 months ago...fantastic for me, as I'm still a Free/Silver player...and probably will stay that way for the foreseeable future...2500 Zen feels -impossible- for me...I want that Sci Vesta.... >_<;;
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The dil to Zen ratio is directly related to supply and demand. Two CE events in a row now I've seen the price jump high because everyone had an abundant about of dil and the Zen supply dropped because really, why buy Zen when you can convert that 50k dil you just earned? After about 2 months the price started to drop as supplies are fully returned to normal. I sold Zen at near 160 per 1 Zen this last time and bout it all back just yesterday for 129 a piece, made a good profit from it
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately, it's back to 130... I would like to see 105 again... I want to buy that Mogh.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's back to 130... I would like to see 105 again... I want to buy that Mogh.

It still seems to be under pressure (towards stronger dil vs Zen), but the sizable buying of dil that was taking place over the weekend has abated. When I've been checking it, it was flipping back and forth with 129 dil/Zen alternately as a bid and offer.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    Dont think so, I think its just that the winter event eats up a lot of peoples playtime doing something that needs no zen/dil.

"Sorry Mr. Security guy, too busy hopping around on ice to reach into my pocket and hand you contraband." :(