test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

D'gavama class?

psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I claimed my free B'Rotlh class Bird-of-Prey today. When I went to the Shipyard, I'm offered three variants:

* B'Rel
* Koloth
* D'gavama

So the B'Rotlh is the +1 version of the original B'Rel starter ship. And I'm assuming D'gavama is a UI mistake. And should read as B'Rotlh. So what is/was the D'gavama? Was that ever a KDF starship in the game? Or another one still to come, I wonder?
(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
Post edited by psiameese on

Comments

• Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The D'gavama is the default model for the B'Rotlh. There is no model named B'Rotlh.
    It is klingonese for "Bird of Prey".
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If D'gavama actually means Bird-of-Prey, then is describes every KDF raider found in the game doesn't it?

I guess that I find this method of naming in the UI as inconsistent with the rest of the ships. This is the only example that I've come across where the class ship name isn't repeated amongst the costume variants. I bug reported it as I think that's what it is.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When the ship was in TRIBBLE before F2P (yes it's that old) it was called D'gavama but was then renamed to B'rolth for release.
    However due to some rather...weak QA the old name is still attached to it in the editor.

I wonder if that's the reason the costume does not work on the Fleet B'rel since some variable is not set properly due to the inconsistent naming of the ship.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=820691
    Q: (trygvar13) What happened to the D'Gavama class Bird of Prey? I have the screenshot of when it was released on TRIBBLE but it is still not available.

Dstahl: This ship was removed prior to our Free to Play launch and we expect it to return to the game later this year.

http://imageshack.us/a/img143/5347/dgvamavariant.jpg