test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just a thought

oewefreestaroewefreestar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
So I'm running Voth ground with my friend and sitting in a que for elite stf's (ya there is the elitestf channel, but running in a group it's easier to just que) and we are on skype talking about the good old days in sto and remembering the things we did back in the day.

Anyways, we were talking specifically about stf's and how you can no longer create your own group and go to the start point and play it like it use to be played (space into ground an actual freaking story type mission) and we feel like sto has lost this part of itself. end game content is nothing more now than sitting in a que and doing the mission. ya, you could make your own group and make a private que and go do it rp style if you want, but you HAVE TO HAVE 5 PLAYERS.

Back when it was a space into ground story mission, I two manned Infection with a friend (different friend but later went on to do it again with the person I was on Voth ground with) from my old SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) days. We loved challenging ourselves and seeing how far we could push our abilities. Now in almost any mmo, in order to do anything, you have to have a group to do it. which is why I love voth ground, ya sure, other players come in and help out, but my friend and myself group up and try to go to an area unoccupied and clear it ourselves. Problem is, we've gotten to good at it.
Now my friends and myself are all big on rp and pve, we also do the occasional pvp once in awhile(but that's not important right now). What we would like to see is the option of the old system again. give us the option to que up in public ques or make our own private ques (like the current system now) but also give us the ability to make our own group and go and play the stf's like they use to be played.

We love sto, it's a great game, but it's honestly losing interest simply because it's the same thing over and over again and it's all too easy for a 5 man group. We want to challenge ourselves and make the game fun again.

tl;dr version = we miss story type missions, we feel sto is moving away from this and losing it's "star trekish feel", give us the old stf missions and let us enter with or without a 5 man group again. why? Because we love you and you love us.

Thank you, a loyal cryptic/pwe player
Post edited by oewefreestar on

Comments

• mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I'm running Voth ground with my friend and sitting in a que for elite stf's (ya there is the elitestf channel, but running in a group it's easier to just que) and we are on skype talking about the good old days in sto and remembering the things we did back in the day.

Anyways, we were talking specifically about stf's and how you can no longer create your own group and go to the start point and play it like it use to be played (space into ground an actual freaking story type mission) and we feel like sto has lost this part of itself. end game content is nothing more now than sitting in a que and doing the mission. ya, you could make your own group and make a private que and go do it rp style if you want, but you HAVE TO HAVE 5 PLAYERS.

Back when it was a space into ground story mission, I two manned Infection with a friend (different friend but later went on to do it again with the person I was on Voth ground with) from my old SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) days. We loved challenging ourselves and seeing how far we could push our abilities. Now in almost any mmo, in order to do anything, you have to have a group to do it. which is why I love voth ground, ya sure, other players come in and help out, but my friend and myself group up and try to go to an area unoccupied and clear it ourselves. Problem is, we've gotten to good at it.
    Now my friends and myself are all big on rp and pve, we also do the occasional pvp once in awhile(but that's not important right now). What we would like to see is the option of the old system again. give us the option to que up in public ques or make our own private ques (like the current system now) but also give us the ability to make our own group and go and play the stf's like they use to be played.

We love sto, it's a great game, but it's honestly losing interest simply because it's the same thing over and over again and it's all too easy for a 5 man group. We want to challenge ourselves and make the game fun again.

tl;dr version = we miss story type missions, we feel sto is moving away from this and losing it's "star trekish feel", give us the old stf missions and let us enter with or without a 5 man group again. why? Because we love you and you love us.

Thank you, a loyal cryptic/pwe player

I would like the mission put back the old way as an option and the ability to play a private team of less than 5 people as well. I have friends that don't even know the story because they are just used to queue and grind without understanding what the missions are even about. All it is to do whatever can be done the fastest lol.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010