test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can someone tell me what fluid game play is

dontliketolosedontliketolose Member Posts: 63 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Controls and User Interface
Can someone tell me what fluid gameplay is, I've told them to check into the bots on defera that are slowing that down and told them about the graphics slow down prior to the last few patches if they wanted to drive players away they only have to do a few thing to do it continue as they are and not try to fix the problem.
It will be a mass exit, due to when your walking around even in low populated instances your character is moving like it's on a 56k modem, and no it's not on my side or has anything to due with my computer.
They should have thought about what kind of game they wanted to produce prior to starting up or patching to the next set of problems. All of the problems are motion based using the mouse to move the character on the ground in space no problems except with missions or pves then you get another motion delayed gaming experience. As it is by the time you aim your weapon your dead by the time you get into firing range your blown up.
Post edited by dontliketolose on

Comments

• Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No problems here.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    No problems here.

Good for you, however your probably in the minority that has things working.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Improvement seen after last patch for Klingon gear and Worf voiceover however motion using mouse still impared, however the less populated either the map or instance, in addition to number of npc's and players movement improves.
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good for you, however your probably in the minority that has things working.

actually, I'm pretty sure you are in a minority there. Everything's working here too, and I haven't heard anyone else complaining about lag recently. Are you absolutely sure the problem isn't on your end? It sounds like you have ISP issues, have you tried a speedtest? What are the specs on your PC?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Specs on computer in requirements.
    ISP not issue.
    Graphics card not issue.
    Haven't heard anyone, don't know when your on STO or Winter Wonderland but I have heard plenty of the same problems. They say lag, but it isn't lag it's control of the character through the user Interface. The fact it improved marginally after the patch for Dorn's voice over shows the problem isn't on this my client side. In addition similar case occurred soon after the release of the Voth areas for this current season. Reduction of graphic quality to speed in video performance seems to help again marginal, however the bar can be moved from that setting to recommend on different areas with no UI control issues, also changing to less populated instances and moving to an area of few players helps marginally.
    I have already reported it using the bug reports UI.
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you're using an Intel Centrino WiFi card, I suggest trying a driver rollback away from the most recent ones. That made a world of difference for me - went back to 15.3 drivers and had a lot less issues since. Newest drivers seem borked for some systems.
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Specs on computer in requirements.
    ISP not issue.
    Graphics card not issue.
    Haven't heard anyone, don't know when your on STO or Winter Wonderland but I have heard plenty of the same problems. They say lag, but it isn't lag it's control of the character through the user Interface. The fact it improved marginally after the patch for Dorn's voice over shows the problem isn't on this my client side. In addition similar case occurred soon after the release of the Voth areas for this current season. Reduction of graphic quality to speed in video performance seems to help again marginal, however the bar can be moved from that setting to recommend on different areas with no UI control issues, also changing to less populated instances and moving to an area of few players helps marginally.
    I have already reported it using the bug reports UI.

do you see the forums erupting in complaints about lag?

Ok, good thing you clarified, this isn't a lag issue you're having, it's a graphics thing, there's a big difference. It sounds like your PC isn't up to the specs for this game. The minimum specs on the box don't matter anymore, this game's been out for years and the graphics are constantly being upgraded. Besides minimum requirements doesn't mean "minimum to run perfectly," it means "absolute minimum possible to run the game at all."
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok bud as you can see here people aren't going to be able to offer you much help if you don't try to cooperate, the forums is where you come to get help from other members of the community, if your expecting a developer response here you're probably in for a long wait. We need to know you system specs. system memory, operating system, video card and memory, type of internet connection, etc. Whether you have a hardware accelerated audio card is also a factor. The game has moved a long way from what was minimum spec on the box when it first came out.
    Your problem could simply be a driver issue or it could be that your hardware just isn't up to snuff.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC