test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Screenshot Contest: Chance to have your screenshots turned into a STO loading screen!

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Last entry..

..the U.S.S. Sakura NCC-92014..
    BD353DBB9A901CB0B198EC3F1B7F0B8934BA0717

Link

And just to be safe.. the links to all my competition entries (with correct size) again:

S.S. Torga - NX-92373
    Link

I.R.W. Rovaran (Picture I)
    Link

S.S. Weyoun - NX-92375 (Picture I)
    Link

Maxia
    Link

U.S.S. Aurora NCC-91704
    Link

S.S. Weyoun - NX-92375 (Picture II)
    Link

Dyson Day (Part I)
    Link

I.R.W. Rovaran (Picture II)
    Link

Dyson Day (Part II)
    Link

I.R.W. Praetor I
    Link

Enjoy!

Interested in some more? Check this out.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    2014-01-27_00004_zpsfc105df1.jpg

Image is the link.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    aureleusaureleus Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Re-posting this to make it Clear, As some of you seem to not understand what the Rules are.

Contest Rules:

• Participants may submit one (1) original, unaltered* in-game screenshot every seven (7) days
      • The image should be linked in a reply to this post -- this will count as an official entry. If you are posting the link in [IMG][/IMG] tags, please also be sure to include the direct link to the image.
    • The image should be a minimum size of 1280x800.
      • To take an image that is sized larger than your monitor, you can try using the "renderscale" chat command: /renderscale X
        • X = the scale number (i.e. 1.5 = 150% of normal scale, 2 = 200%, etc.).
        • It's best to start at 1.5 to see if your machine can handle the larger render.
        • Going over 3 is not recommended as most machines will be unable to support it and your game will crash.
          • Don't forget to revert back to the original scale after taking your screen! /renderscale 1
          • For advice from our art team on taking screenshots, check out this archived post.
    • We'll select images from this thread to be displayed as an in-game loading screen. Those chosen will have a small text credit on them with the player's @handle displayed, so be aware of that when entering -- there is a chance your @handle will be displayed on a loading screen.
      • Submitting an entry means you agree to this.
    • Winning images will be selected by the PWE Community Team and STO Art Team.

* The image should have no photoshop or similar work done to it by players. Feel free to use demorecord tool -- more info on it can be here.

Good luck, and let's boldly go where no one has gone before!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

**Selected images may be adjusted, edited or altered by the PWE Community Team and/or STO Art Team in order to feature it in-game. This may include cropping, lighting adjustments, logo additions, etc.
  • Options
    rednolandrednoland Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    rednolandrednoland Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi Captains!

An update to this contest: Contest Ends: Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Make sure to have your screens (that have adhered to the rules) in by then as we'll close the thread in the morning of the above date, and then announce the winners as soon as later in the week.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yeah, I was wondering if the Art of STO could continue after the contest? Of course, there's still rules of 1 post per (7) days and only ONE post at a time. There's a lot of fans who enjoying this stuff, posting epic photo of the day and such. What do u think?
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    rednoland wrote: »
    Yeah, I was wondering if the Art of STO could continue after the contest? Of course, there's still rules of 1 post per (7) days and only ONE post at a time. There's a lot of fans who enjoying this stuff, posting epic photo of the day and such. What do u think?

To be honest, we weren't expecting the hundreds of responses we've gotten to this, and it's made it harder and harder to narrow down as we have gone on.

So, I think the plan at this point, is to finish this one, choose some winners. Then repeat this kind of screenshot/loading screen submission contest every so often, but with a limited time frame each time, making it easier to sort through all of the submissions.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    borg516borg516 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    the25hdfpsthe25hdfps Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    fenix010fenix010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Undine are coming captain. Are you ready?
    i1MNCQD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/i1MNCQD.jpg

-edit- Rather fitting that I had my Galor present in the Cardassia Prime version of the new queued event. :D

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2014
    Thanks again to all who participated! As the submission period has officially ended, we're going to unstick and close this thread.

We plan to announce the winners soon, and we'll be sure to create a new thread in this subforum that contains the winning images and photographer names.

We hope you'll join us for the next contest! \\//_

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.