test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dept Heads finally fixed(?)(!)

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
From the release notes for today's maintenance...
UI:

* Resolved an issue where Duty Officer Department Heads wouldn't always correctly remember which bridge officers have been assigned.

This problem has been complained about so much that I think most of us had given up hope that it would be fixed. Here's to hoping this particular annoying bug is good and squashed. :)
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, if that is fixed, that's awesome. My roleplayer side was griping about this, as I like to set specific officers as heads & it just kept changing them... was mildly... a lot.. annoying. :D
    All power to the developpers if the issue is actually fixed. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Whether it is actually fixed... remains to be seen.
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe now Khev won't be muscling his way to first officers position so much. Being kdf aligned, I know deep down he's angling for my job... :eek:
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for fixing this, Cryptic.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Would be cool if it is true.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How sad is it that most reactions are hopeful that it is actually fixed, but not holding their breath? :/

(And yes, that includes myself)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd be a lot more stoked for this if department heads, y'know, actually *did* anything, but hey, this is cool too.

Gen
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems to be working for me.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No, it's still not fixed.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/e41f41294867928

^^^ this.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This doesn't seem to have helped at all, now I have the same problem on all my toons instead of just the 2 that had it before the fix...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It looks like some sort of clumsy bandaid solution was used instead of an actual resolution of the underlying issue, that boff data apparently is getting unlinked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]