test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bortas and Fed Dread cooldowns

madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
I think it would be appreciated and deserved if the cooldown on the autocannon and phaser lance was lowered by quite a bit. Neither weapon is a game winner, and getting ships into the firing arcs of either can be a chore. I think 45 seconds to 1 minute would be suitable and give both the derad and bortas console a needed boost.
Post edited by madmopar on

Comments

• Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Take it out of console and put it on the ship itself. Just like the gal-x. Otherwise, the damage output is so pathetic I don't know why I keep using it. It's honestly NOT worth the price I paid or the console slot it takes up.
  • Options
    belkin222belkin222 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    madmopar wrote: »
    I think it would be appreciated and deserved if the cooldown on the autocannon and phaser lance was lowered by quite a bit. Neither weapon is a game winner, and getting ships into the firing arcs of either can be a chore. I think 45 seconds to 1 minute would be suitable and give both the derad and bortas console a needed boost.

UFP such move have little real benfit simple put it Galaxy class X starship de-cloak fire phaser lance quickly normal either blast though shields or nearly blast shield us fire weapon finish of the job normal do the trick. 3 minute, 1 minute , 45 seconds matter very little come sniper job all need right weapon on finish the job.

Klingon verse I never see it in us.

Romulus amount time take fire weapon if gave 45 second firing weapon 20 seconds or so.
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I SUPER strongly agree with this! 45 seconds or 1 minute would be perfect. Make it so Cryptic. I may even stop B****ing about the Bortasqu and shut my darn mouth (I promise).

This would be a perfect gift to any who likes super weapons. The small firing arc already balances it. (Also can you do the same for the Shockwave torpedo? 1 minute cool down = useful).
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    One minute cool down actually makes things like this useful. Three minutes is simply unusable unless it's a true super weapon that does outrageous fight ending damage.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes please drop all console CD's to 1 minute. Make the fun ship stuff useable instead of gimmicks that noone uses after awhile because its not very effective.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Disruptor Autocannon does have one unique advantage compared to other 'super weapons' so to speak:

It is treated as a normal weapon in regards to it's drain.

So unlike most other 'weapons' like that which usually have a HUGE, Beam Overload-esque weapon power drain, the Autocannon has a -10 power like you were firing a normal weapon, so you can afford to do the Autocannon, while also firing every other weapon.

It's a bit better still in that there are cruiser commands, which can help reduce drain. Add in other stuff like a Marion (if you can afford it), Omega Weapon Amplifier, and all kinds of fun tac buffs, and it can be a brutal weapon, but only if you REALLY REALLY focus on it.

Even then, it is still a fairly lower base damage, and still on a 3 minute cooldown, which is a shame.

In the past, before LoR and before we started seeing all these super-DPS numbers, I could literally take a Borg gate from full health to about 33% health in the course of a full tac buff running (APO 1, APA, FOMM, Tac fleet, and GDF before the change), along with the autocannon itself an a CRF 1 to fire all my DHCs and turrets. I bet if I did the same thing now, I could probably kill it by myself with that mighty barrage with all the power creep added in since (working Nausicaan BOFFs anyone?).
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    mll623mll623 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Borg Gates have well over 1 million HP, and your high-damage cycle only lasts 30 seconds. I would really have to see that to believe it, as even CSV spammers into GW'ed sphere groups can barely spike up to 100K for a brief instant.

A raptor or BOP would actually burst higher with cannons + turrets - losing 1 or even 2 turrets is much less of an impact then switching APO1 up to APO3 and upgrading CRF to CRF 2. You can also use polaron or plasma to take advantage of set bonuses, which can easily get you another 25% total damage output, possibly more with embassy science consoles.

A BoP with Commander Tac + LTC engi can add EPTW3 and DEM1 to that mix, as well as having a copy of CRF1 on a LT slot to double up the rapid fire cooldown to match the duration of APA.

Battlecruisers in general are not designed for burst damage - they don't have the tac seating to really take advantage of DHCs or attack patterns. They are better at pressure damage.