test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't use dyson armor costume in tailor (resolved)

quadraxis666quadraxis666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So just hit T5 dyson rep, got the armor to complete the full ground set, then ran the costume unlock project so i could modify it in the tailor and nope, just like maco & omega sets the options aren't there.

Fix this bug cryptic, it actually costs players marks/dil etc to get access to something they cant get access to and it's been this way for a ridiculously long time.
Post edited by quadraxis666 on

Comments

• otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just to make sure, have you enabled the visuals on the armor? I forgot this a few times, on my OMEGA armor...

As for the unlock costume project... That is likely a bug, and you should send a bug report in-game.

I do think that Cryptic underestimated how fast some players would reach T5 in the Dyson rep, so there might be things missing, like the final cutscene and that secret reward Bran talked about in some other thread...
  • quadraxis666quadraxis666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    yes I have armor visuals enabled, and the set appears, however what i wanted to do was use the costume unlock to take the helmet off in the tailor where it's treated as a costume, like i had done with the omega set before this bug first appeared way back.

If i try to modify the omega costume it actually all disappears in tailor and puts me in simple shirt etc, the options for the omega set no longer appear so i have cancelled everytime and kept the omega costume the way i had it prior to this bug.

very annoyed its happened with the dyson set too, especially when the costume unlock project costs 3k dil.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, I get what you're saying. I must have been lucky never to get hit by this bug, but so many others do and it really sucks the big one.

Thought they would of have fixed it with the new Dyson armor, but I guess not. A real shame that this is not getting fixed.

The only thing I can suggest is to bug it in-game, and in the bug section herei n the forums.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Did you go to head options and see if you can switch your uniform type to voth elite (might be wrong about the name)? It doesn't show up for me under Uniform, neither does maco, omega, ect but if I go to head there is a drop down in the upper right corner of the window. Once changed in head you should have the options in uniform.

The dyson costume is still missing some graphics and lights in the current build, but it can be used.
  • quadraxis666quadraxis666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    john98837 wrote: »
    Did you go to head options and see if you can switch your uniform type to voth elite (might be wrong about the name)? It doesn't show up for me under Uniform, neither does maco, omega, ect but if I go to head there is a drop down in the upper right corner of the window. Once changed in head you should have the options in uniform.

The dyson costume is still missing some graphics and lights in the current build, but it can be used.

Thanks, this worked! :D have passed it on to some fleetmates who had the same problem, checked the head tab and the option was there
This discussion has been closed.