test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newb questions

shortcultshortcult Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Academy
First, yes I am apparently bad@searching. Bounced around in the wiki to no avail, then peeked and poked around here and I cannot come up with the answer to what is probably a simple question.

Only been play 4-6(?) weeks. Have a level 50 character goofing off in the Dyson Sphere. I see that I am gaining rep and Voth implants. Where/how does one spend these? I have not run across a vendor. I did not do any of the other rep grinding on the way up, just jumped into the sphere when I got to 50.

Next question, didn't see a forum title for fleets. If one was looking to join a fleet (best way to learn?) where would I look/post?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Post edited by shortcult on

Comments

• rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey welcome to the game!

To answer your first question... they are used in further Dyson rep projects and to do Dyson Sphere material projects, like ground sets or space sets.

The second... there is are forums called either Earth Space dock, Qo'nos or New Romulus. They have posting for your characters factions fleets...

Hope that helps.
  • shortcultshortcult Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    Hey welcome to the game!

To answer your first question... they are used in further Dyson rep projects and to do Dyson Sphere material projects, like ground sets or space sets.

The second... there is are forums called either Earth Space dock, Qo'nos or New Romulus. They have posting for your characters factions fleets...

Hope that helps.

Tyvm, secons question answered and I will be throwing a post up there in a few days.

I still am unclear about the first question. I understand they are used for rep projects, but where does one do those?
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No problem..

As you move through the rep system, there are different tiers. As you finsih off the different tiers, additional projects will be available.

Some of the these projects are for the rep system to give you xp towards the rep system itself.

Others are for equipment requisitions. Like armor, shields, weapons and so forth.

As you move up the tiers, the projects will require more resources and additional items. the Voth cybernetic implants I believe are used in getting the Voth gear.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Even more simple:

open your character page. Choose reputation. Choose dyson sphere. Click around in there and you should be able to "start a project". Once started, you can donate to it, it will want dyson marks (those things you been earning) and random junk (mostly, the playing card looking items you find all the time, and most of them can be made in replicator) , it will want some of your expertise (the points used to train officers), and some projects want dil, etc. Once you give all the stuff, a timer starts and the project will complete after that timer runs down. Repeat this process until you have access to whatever you wanted from that rep (research what you want to earn, don't just do random things).
  • shortcultshortcult Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thank you both. Hit the nail on the head Noro, I had no idea. Will be playing around with the rep starting tonight.