test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

avenger setup

immudzenimmudzen Member Posts: 145 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Federation Discussion
Is it better to use the romulan DBB that do plasma/disruptor damage or to use the elite fleet antiproton DBB?

I have seen some guides recommending the romulan and others suggesting the antiproton ones.

Right now I have 5 fleet DBB antiproton on the front, a borg cutting beam and an antiproton arc beam and soon the borg plasma torpedo in the back. This seems to melt stuff pretty fast right now.

I also have 4 of the tactical consoles that increase antiproton damage, just regular ones right now I have not picked up the fleet ones yet. Just wondering what will work better overall.
Post edited by immudzen on

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They're both perfectly good weapons. As you're already kitted for antipro, I'd stick with those, personally.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The 2 pc Obelisk set also gives antiproton damage. I use it on my sci Vesta with Adv. Fleet AP beams. Very fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks. I just didn't want to get all the fleet antiproton consoles and all the other rare stuff and then find out that I would do much better damage with the romulan setup.

If antiproton will work fine I will stay with it. I am currently working on getting the spire set for shields, eng etc and the borg plasma torp. Other than that I have mostly just been saving up some money to get a leech also on that ship.

I also just have advanced versions of the fleet antiprotons right now so I still need to get elite versions later and that would be a good time to change if the romulans are a better idea.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Basically, the only difference between damage types is the "proc", a unique effect that has a 2.5% chance to occur. They all do the same base damage but the proc varies.

-- Phasers disable subsystems.

-- Disruptors debuff damage resistance. This is why they're considered one of the better weapons.

-- Plasma does damage over time. The proc rate can be increased by fleet embassy consoles with the [Pla] modifier (with all other damage types, [Pla] adds a plasma proc instead). The proc can be cured by Hazard Emitters.

-- Tetryon does damage to all shield facings. They're good weapons for ships meant to work in a team, but the proc doesn't do anything once the shields go down.

-- Polaron does -25 power to all subsystems.

-- Antiproton is unique. Instead of a traditional proc it gets what amounts to a free [CritD] modifier, increasing damage on a critical hit. This means its proc rate is tied to your crit rate instead of hard-coded at 2.5. Best way to use antipro is to invest into gear like the Assimilated Module that ups your crit rate and crit severity.

Special weapons typically add a second proc at the cost of a modifier. Romplas has a disruptor proc, Dominion polaron has a phaser proc, etc.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So for just PvE stuff (no PvP ever) which would be better for doing elite missions and things like that? Is the crits from antiproton better than the lowered dr and extra DoT from the romulan dbb?