test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Support Colonization Efforts in Hromi Cluster

irishcaptain007irishcaptain007 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Anyone else having trouble getting this assignment? I've completed the chain, and haven't run the assignment in another exploration cluster for months. Wanted to work on getting the purple doff and it's not anywhere to be found. Not in the operations officer tab, not in the general tab either. Not even there when I go to my bridge.
Post edited by irishcaptain007 on

Comments

• jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Checking your department head is the same as going to your bridge, no need to beam there.

Otherwise it is just RNG where you're not seeing it. This mission is not THAT rare. You'll find it
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    It's random. Every day, you randomly get at least 3 or 4 of the support ones, unless you're really unlucky or on cooldown. The DOFFJOBS channel used to be great for help on getting these, but after the devs killed changing blues for purples with the personnel officer with a massive dil tax hike plus other changes, no one seems to care for helping by inviting to these anymore. Heck, I've completely stopped farming these as it's not worth it anymore.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Heck, I've completely stopped farming these as it's not worth it anymore.

Those supports are still my biggest, steady and reliable scource of EC income. Rare Doffs average at ~240k on the exchange (360k for KDF) and with my characters running just those that are available and easy to reach (EB/AA/DV/RN/ZE/BN for my Fed for example), I usually make ~30-35 million a week from them, not counting refugees, prisoners or any follow-up assignments, like asylums.

Given, it's not that much, it tanks a bit whenever a new lockbox is released and you might not care if you're swimming in EC, but it's a nice sum for the little effort it costs.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Those supports are still my biggest, steady and reliable scource of EC income. Rare Doffs average at ~240k on the exchange (360k for KDF) and with my characters running just those that are available and easy to reach (EB/AA/DV/RN/ZE/BN for my Fed for example), I usually make ~30-35 million a week from them, not counting refugees, prisoners or any follow-up assignments, like asylums.

Given, it's not that much, it tanks a bit whenever a new lockbox is released and you might not care if you're swimming in EC, but it's a nice sum for the little effort it costs.

Wow, if this is the way you farm for income, while possible with multiple toons, I feel for you. Even with a 1/3 chance of a crit, it means you get maybe 4 purples per toon a day. I used to do this before June, but now it's just not worth it because it's the worst grind in this game, even if I consider you're using freighters on all your toons with quick transwarp cooldowns through warp cores and doffs.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Wow, if this is the way you farm for income, while possible with multiple toons, I feel for you. Even with a 1/3 chance of a crit, it means you get maybe 4 purples per toon a day. I used to do this before June, but now it's just not worth it because it's the worst grind in this game, even if I consider you're using freighters on all your toons with quick transwarp cooldowns through warp cores and doffs.

It's even less than that. I usually get ~3-4 purples per week and character, a bit more KDF side. I also stopped visiting every cluster on the map, it's just too time consuming and I'm currently just visiting those that are easily reachable and alongside my normal doffing route.

For Feds that'd be:

Sol -> Sirius -> DV -> mission transwarp to Iconia (18k EC) -> EB -> mission transwarp to Celes (300 EC) -> AA -> transwarp to DS9 -> RN -> BU -> AT -> BN -> ZA -> ZE -> mission transwarp to Vulcan -> Sol

It's usually over in ~10 minutes.